Allentown times have been posted

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Then there’s Cavaliers who as far as BAC is concerned got far too close for comfort and if the prediction of many that Cavies will beat Crown and BAC, then they will be roaring. Competitively speaking, Saturday will be more exciting than Friday.

I agree about the competitive aspect. But, I’d also add that the Crossmen/Mandarins/Cadets competition also intrigues me.   This will be an enjoyable show. 

Worst performance time by far is Spirit. How sh**y. So far from Phantom.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

There are certain "legacy" placements for Saturday night.  The Crossmen and Cadets always play Saturday night.  One because of their history of being a Pennsylvania corps and the other because, well, Allentown.  When Cadets were in the Top 6, the show was guaranteed them being in there and it was more top-heavy than this one.

As far as how they split the other corps, it's probably determined as they put the schedules together.  They may even have done this on purpose to increase ticket sales on Friday vs. Saturday if there was an imbalance.  (I only go on Saturday because that's when the Bones Alumni picnic is.

Frankly, I think that if the rest of the schedule has minimal head-to-head competition among the top 3, it makes Indy more exciting.

Surf too

5 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I wish Brandt/Dan (or do they have a legacy Allentown announcer?) would have a little fun with this. 

Barry has his quirks 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

YOU may take the field in competition

Every time I go to a corps or guard show in New England, I still miss Paul Cain like crazy. He was such a great guy, and always genuinely appreciative of EVERY member of EVERY ensemble.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

I know it is statistically possible, but in every single regional this year, the Mandarins have won the toss for being the last corps to perform in the 10-12 group.  That's #### lucky.  

They've gone on last in this group every show and the Crossmen and Phantom have flip flopped.

Edited to add:  I calculated the odds of winning a three-way draw three times and it's 3.7%.  Yes, Mandarins are pretty lucky.  Has this happened in any other three-some where the same corps one the "toss" three times?

Last year (when my son was a Mandarin's MM), it seemed like we _never_ drew the last spot. So, "reversion to the mean" and all.

21 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

I know it is statistically possible, but in every single regional this year, the Mandarins have won the toss for being the last corps to perform in the 10-12 group.  That's #### lucky.  

They've gone on last in this group every show and the Crossmen and Phantom have flip flopped.

Edited to add:  I calculated the odds of winning a three-way draw three times and it's 3.7%.  Yes, Mandarins are pretty lucky.  Has this happened in any other three-some where the same corps one the "toss" three times?

I totally hear you.  Last year, Mandarins drew the last spot in their grouping EVERY time.  It was crazy!

So maybe this year is balancing out last year?   

8 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I totally hear you.  Last year, Mandarins drew the last spot in their grouping EVERY time.  It was crazy!

So maybe this year is balancing out last year?   

The only difference was that their grouping was split between the two nights at Allentown.  Mandarins played on Friday.  They went on the same time on Friday as Crossmen did on Saturday--8:46.

14 hours ago, Zeke said:

YOU may take the field in competition

The one and only great Paul Cain!

• Like 3