Allentown times have been posted

50 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Fred, since you are still listed as being in that local area.  Do the buses from NYC still stop at the Trans-bridge bus garage near Ave. C and Schoernersville Rd. and ABE?  And do the Lanta buses still go near there? Could not find this out on line. Just in case I win the lottery tonite...

Replied directly to xandandl,  but for the benefit of anyone else . . . .

Bus line to/from NYC on Trans-Bridge Bus now picks-up/drops-off at the Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE). Local bus (LANTA) also coordinates through the airport terminal. Not sure about the nearest LANTA bus stop to Crum Stadium.

By the way, not advisable to walk in downtown Allentown after dark. Shootings and muggings are up this year. Several gangs operating, too!

16 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

By the way, not advisable to walk in downtown Allentown after dark. Shootings and muggings are up this year. Several gangs operating, too!

Nice heads up with this bit of info.

34 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

And scammers! Got a downtown Airbnb for last years show. When my girlfriend and I arrived to check in, we quickly realized that the apartment we were to be staying in was boarded up and abandoned. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, rancidrolla said:

And scammers! Got a downtown Airbnb for last years show. When my girlfriend and I arrived to check in, we quickly realized that the apartment we were to be staying in was boarded up and abandoned. 

That’s terrible.  I hope you didn’t have too much trouble finding another place to stay. 

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s terrible.  I hope you didn’t have too much trouble finding another place to stay. 

Airbnb eventually refunded us and we found a decent hotel on the edge of the city after the show. We were soaked and annoyed, but It wasn't the worst. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rancidrolla said:

Airbnb eventually refunded us and we found a decent hotel on the edge of the city after the show. We were soaked and annoyed, but It wasn't the worst. 

Ah, memories!

• Like 2

I hope the weather cooperates.  These are the last shows FloMarching televises before DCI Finals week. There have been a number of shows rained out this season and there is still so much to see.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Those helicopters were the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen in drum corps and I’ve seen a lot of weird stuff. 

I didn't know that they used to be allowed. They should allow helicopters again... They could take the next Miss Saigon production to a whole new level.

Figuratively, not literally.

Single roto only... 2 rotors would be too much and defy the idiomatic spirit of drumcorps.  Besides, the smaller corps couldn't afford them... and that's not fair.

• Haha 1