Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

7 minutes ago, tedrick said:
10 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Maybe just my aging ears, but tonight’s Cadets program seems ratcheted-up electronically.  Big time.

yes - Cadets are the worst offenders this year - they were really going for a lot of effects in the sound design - but it clutters up and goobers up the performance of the MMs

I saw the Cadets live very early season.  Their electronics seemingly are trying to fill in the gaps for what the horns can't produce.  They had the most overdone synth of anybody I've heard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow, not sure those mirrors work with the sun so low.  I hope it doesn't blind any MM's.  Looks like it might not be a problem by the end of the show

Whomever thought that seemingly endless Do Better segment should be in the show should be fired. It’s one thing to make a mistake, it’s quite another to double down on it and keep going all season long. That should have been cut from the show in spring training. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I LOVE THIS SHOW. (Referring to Blue Knights)

Edited by FLBuzcut
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, quietcity said:

Cadets seem to be searching for a new style, but they are not there yet, and it is kind of painful to watch. Their show is made up of bits and pieces of old Cadets and other corps. They don't have a distinctive and coherent new image yet. I am hoping they can achieve this over the next year or so. 

fire this design team - then the real search can begin

any design team that hasn't removed that "tag" on the end of BOTW by now should be unemployed

harsh - but hey, I call it like I see it

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lady in seatS next to us reminds us after every show that seats are too narrow and we need to move down. My butt is just as big or bigger than her’s and I’m running out of seat space at the end to scoot.

Ready for BK!

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Whomever thought that seemingly endless Do Better segment should be in the show should be fired. It’s one thing to make a mistake, it’s quite another to double down on it and keep going all season long. That should have been cut from the show in spring training. 

lol you and me totally on the same page 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I saw the Cadets live very early season.  Their electronics seemingly are trying to fill in the gaps for what the horns can't produce.  They had the most overdone synth of anybody I've heard.

ehh - while I agree it's bad there's plenty of company 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, c.l. said:

Lady in seatS next to us reminds us after every show that seats are too narrow and we need to move down. My butt is just as big or bigger than her’s and I’m running out of seat space at the end to scoot.

Ready for BK!

I just found out the seat next to me at Allentown is still available ... so I bought it for that very reason.

• Like 2