Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

Ravens man!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

And what did the adult in charge say when you asked them to quite down the kids during performances.  No adult?  Well, while INT is doing their exhibition you have the floor sir.  Teri and Jim are not around to help.

Trust me.  Even we couldn’t shut those middle school kids up. They yakked through every corps.  And ate. And ate. And ate. Etc....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Ravens man!

giphy.gif

Great, now I am all pizzed off about the GoT finale again. Ravens totally under-utilized!

Edited by quietcity
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

To me Crowns show is not on the same design level as Boston. Frankly I’m not convinced there’s that big of a gap musically between the two either. IMO visual, GE and guard are head and shoulders higher than Crown. Do any of you feel that DCI is propping Crown up too? 

I mean, Crown's brass is a bit better and clearer. The arrangements are different too. BACs writing is dense. Crown's writing is very exposed and there is a lot more range of variety.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, quietcity said:

Great, now I am all pizzed off about the GoT finale again. Ravens totally under-utilized!

Especially in the Battle of Winterfell.

• Thanks 1

Intermission.

There are never enough vendors and never enough bathrooms. It’s madness back there

posted from the DrumScorps app

Just now, Jeffe77 said:

Especially in the Battle of Winterfell.

Oh, don't get me started!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Crown has always owned a very unique position in DCI, as the high school band favorite. They have a brass sound that they totally own. I wouldn’t say DCI is propping them up, but I do think it will be s huge statement if Boston passes them.

The elements of a production is more than brass or percussion alone and the sum of the whole needs more consideration. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

To me Crowns show is not on the same design level as Boston. Frankly I’m not convinced there’s that big of a gap musically between the two either. IMO visual, GE and guard are head and shoulders higher than Crown. Do any of you feel that DCI is propping Crown up too? 

I don’t know what else Boston has to do. I agree with your comment to a certain extent.

IMO - Boston and the Bluecoats have the memorable shows this year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Nothing like being surrounded by bandos that want to do nothing but talk (loudly) through all of the performances.

🤨😡😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I had early day (drum corps) performers come and sit by me and start to do the same thing during last night's last session. I politely asked if the conversation could wait to between shows. They were courteous enough to oblige. Had no problems the rest of the night.

• Like 2