Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

If Crown didn't have a really good horn line and drum line they would be staring at the 8-10 spot. The design is bad....the concept doesn't read or make sense and outside of some good musical moments it's a total snore. I'm SURE others will disagree....LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I went off on a bucnh of high schoolers and their directors in 2015 at Grand Nationals for making fun of Broken Arrows performance. I can't remember what I said except "Maybe if you put as much effort on the field as you do making fun of your soon to be national champion your a**** wouldn't be sitting down tonight." 😅😅😅

I performed in Grand Nationals finals that year and my band had so much respect for everyone competing. I wish I would’ve witnessed that lol.

Interesting, if the Cadets don't score 90 pts by Finals, will mark the first time since 1981. To be fair, that was before the scoring system changed. For those who don't know, the 1st place score would be around 90-94 pts prior to 1984. Cadets scored 94.4 when they won their first title in 1983 and then scored 98 the following year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BWise said:

Preach ... I’m gonna stopwatch the amount of moving while playing is going on at the top of the heap next show. 

Do it!  Bet you won’t post the results though. But, by all means do it!  

Edited by dci76
Accuracy. More what I want to say.

I'm glad to see they expanded the pit. It looked really strange to see only 2 pit players for many years. 

8 minutes ago, CAC303 said:

I like this rule. A lot. If it keeps pit section on the sideline where they belong, so much the better.

posted from the DrumScorps app

On the other hand, I would prefer microphones on tubas to having to listen to thunderous goo.

• Like 1

Just now, DASCFan said:

I performed in Grand Nationals finals that year and my band had so much respect for everyone competing. I wish I would’ve witnessed that lol.

It was a good 3 to 5 minute rant. They got up and left afterwards, but sat there jaws dropped. A few of the folks around us clapped as they left. It was pretty bad. 😅

• Like 2

Just now, Jeffe77 said:

Interesting, if the Cadets don't score 90 pts by Finals, will mark the first time since 1981. To be fair, that was before the scoring system changed. For those who don't know, the 1st place score would be around 90-94 pts prior to 1984. Cadets scored 94.4 when they won their first title in 1983 and then scored 98 the following year.

Cadets ‘84 was in the top three live performances I’ve ever seen.  

• Like 2