Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

SCV 4th in music? Huh?

As an ordinal, it seems whack as heck.  But they were .1 from the top.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but how the hell do the Cadets beat BK in brass?  That's insanity.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Cavaliers had the furthest to go.  They were dirty dirty in Detroit.  I figured when they cleaned that up, they’d start leapfrogging corps in front of them.  Timing is everything.

I thought they were still dirty tonight, silly me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bluesman said:

All that wonderful music played by Crown's incredible brass line and a not too shabby drum line does nothing for the GE judges.  I don't get it...... GE is the most subjective caption, which is why I think it's also where incredible musicianship goes to die. 

It's not the music, it's the visual. The blending of the guard and the emphasis on drill dont cut it in todays scoring. Whether that's good or not its the reality now, and should be addressed in the future if they want to compete at the very top.

Edited by Brass Lover
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

We didn't show emotion until we broke rank, and I'm a firm believer in that. Crying is one thing, but do it silently. You stand at attention until told otherwise.

It went beyond when we were standing at attention. We were supposed to be emotionless any time we were in public. In the stands, on the sidelines, etc. Only when we got on the bus or were otherwise out of the public eye were we allowed to celebrate.

• Like 1