Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

Using the 1980 scoring system Crown would be undefeated because brass used to be worth 25 points and the GE scores were broken up by brass, percussion, and visual.  Unfortunately the GE caption is totally different now and brass is only worth 20 points.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Brass Lover said:

It's not the music, it's the visual. The blending of the guard and the emphasis on drill dont cut it in todays scoring. Whether that's good or not is the reality, and should be addressed in the future if they want to compete at the very top.

I agree to a certain point.  There is almost nothing of interest going on during the ballad.  To say it's a missed opportunity is the understatement of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thatoneguy285 said:

Dude the gap between the top 4 in music is literally .1 

Yeah. Saw that after I posted. Super close. SCV has been winning music pretty regularly, so it seemed a little out of wack.

Edited by jasgre2000

• BD is closing the gap in percussion. While Bloo's gap to SCV is getting wider.
  • SCV scoring 4th in Brass is interesting.
  • The Music Caption is tight. SCV 4th with 27.9 with BD, Bloo tied for 2nd at 27.950 and Crown 1st at 28.00. One pt separation between 1-4.
  • BD starting to run away with Visual.
  • Bloo has a firm grip on GE.

To me it's simple. The music caption will determine who will win between Bloo and BD.

In this caption, BD's achilles heel is the Music Analysis, while Bloo's weakness is percussion relatively speaking. It's BD to lose, just improve the Music Analysis, the title is yours. Bloo has to upped their percussion score and tighten the gap in Visual 

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crown and Cavies are my favorites of the year, so I'll be happy to see either of them up there. Glad the judges opened their eyes for the Green Machine!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fanman said:

Agreed. And I’m excited for Cavaliers to continue their climb back toward medaling. 

We alumni are totally behind this effort.