Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

3 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

It went beyond when we were standing at attention. We were supposed to be emotionless any time we were in public. In the stands, on the sidelines, etc. Only when we got on the bus or were otherwise out of the public eye were we allowed to celebrate.

Did y’all get to cry after your final senior show? Cuz that’s like the best feeling in the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brass Lover said:

Crown and Cavies are my favorites of the year, so I'll be happy to see either of them up there. Glad the judges opened their eyes for the Green Machine!

...and their ears.  The Cavaliers’ brass line is awesome this season.

• Like 4

I’ve thought about this a lot, so judges first rank and then score. The most important thing for them is to get the order correct and then get the spreads as they see it.

I would LOVE to see what would happen if they would not rank and instead just score. In essence, every single corps is in a single corps competition just against themselves. For example, in Brass content there are 5 corps within 0.25 pts of each other with zero ties. That’s because Harper is ranking and scoring avoiding ties as much as possible. Doing this though, corps may lose (or gain) a small amount to put them in the correct order. The judge may think they should get a 92 but because another corps has that score and this corps was “worse”, they’ll get a 91 instead.

I’m just curious what would happen to the overall scores if that mindset was used. I think the individual captions would tighten up even more as the top 6 corps as just so good but not sure how much the overall scores would change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

...and their ears.  The Cavaliers’ brass line is awesome this season.

Absolutely. LaBeouf is doing great things over there. 

• Like 4

Cavies 3rd in MA. Way to go green machine!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Crusaders break 90. Cavaliers barely ahead of them.

17 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

BAC broke 90 last night 

7 minutes ago, hughesmr said:

BAC 9th in drums out of 11 corps.  And not by a little.  Eeek

Tough night for Boston.  Their overall score dropped .4 from last night while the Cavies gained .79.  Percussion went up  .1 while BS went up  .6.  Guard only went up .05 while the BD went up .15.  GE went down .4    Hope they relax and rebound soon.

2 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

To me it's simple. The music caption determine who will win between Bloo and BD.

In this caption, BD's achilles heel is the Music Analysis, while Bloo's weakness is percussion relatively speaking. It's BD to lose, just improve the Music Analysis, the title is yours. Bloo has to upped their percussion score and tighten the gap in Visual 

I'd argue that it's actually Visual that will be the biggest determining factor. The Bluecoats have proven at the last two regionals that they can take at least one Visual caption away from BD. If they do so while also staying competitive in everything else, I think the title is within their reach.

• Like 3

The visual issues for bloo probably stem from the new closer. The drill just doesnt look very clean.

posted from the DrumScorps app

When a corps’ content scores are lower than their achievement scores in the same caption, that corps has “peaked” in that caption.