Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

5 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

The visual issues for bloo probably stem from the new closer. The drill just doesnt look very clean.

posted from the DrumScorps app

... yet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

I'm sorry, but how the hell do the Cadets beat BK in brass?  That's insanity.

Not from where I was sitting. I’m surprised by that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cfmninjaa said:

The visual issues for bloo probably stem from the new closer. The drill just doesnt look very clean.

I think it has to do with the ballad.  The visual focuses on a guard feature, yet look at the overall guard placement on the recaps.  If they can get a higher level of content in a few of these holes (either by incorporating the block members, or getting a bigger impact from the guard)... then they will be fine for sure (they actually can win some of the visual subcaptions, circumstantially... the competition is close and they have already done it).

• Like 2

The Cavaliers have an outside chance of medaling.  It all depends on that outstanding brass line getting just a smidge cleaner....

8 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Well that's interesting because Bloo's visual proficiency and analysis achievement is higher than content 

Just now, Cappybara said:

Well that's interesting because Bloo's visual proficiency and analysis achievement is higher than content 

Right.  It's a rep/content issue... and I think it has to do with the middle of the show.

3 minutes ago, Fracker said:

EXACTLY my thoughts.  There are 8 categories, let a tie be a tie but a 9.2 should be a 9.2.  Avoiding the tie is inaccurately awarding or detracting points from the overall score, like a rounding error.

I disagree. The judges are paid to make a decision. The absolute number they give is not very important. The spreads between the competing groups are extremely important and the main thing to look for in recaps.

• Like 1

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

Right.  It's a rep/content issue... and I think it has to do with the middle of the show.

Wouldn't that suggest that theyre pretty clean? 

1 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Cavaliers have an outside chance of medaling.  It all depends on that outstanding brass line getting just a smidge cleaner....

You just dont realise the talent on the Cavies until it hits you. I believe they are the best corps outside of our current top 3 to win a gold in the next 5 years. Ill go even farther and say that with the right design they do it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I'd love to see them ride the train as high as they can go, but 3rd isn't going to be an option unless SCV decides to quit tour next week. I do think they'll end up 4th, based on a well balanced approach to design and performance. No section that stands as an outlier, good or bad, like BAC (who has one of each), and much higher GE potential than Crown.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 4