Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

6 minutes ago, onionhead said:

I thought I heard 2 horns in a solo feature in Atlanta. I'm having a hard time distinguishing who's playing what, with all the amplification going on. Some of the early corps without so much electronics, were nice to hear all the texture and subtleties.

You could have been hearing the horn itself phasing against its own amplification, if your seat was in the horn's line of projection.  It's the same chorus effect that you get when you are close enough to hear a public speaker directly while also hearing their mic output.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 2

FWIW Bluecoats seem a lot busier than BD.

BD has

Soaring Sounds, East, Pittsburgh.  It is of note they are the only top group in Pittsburgh.

Bluecoats have

Soaring Sounds, Band of Excellence, HOF game, East, Drums along the Waterfront, and their home show in Akron.

Now, with the exception of the East Coast Classic the Bluecoats are living on top of the world in basically their home territory and are going to undeniably bring the house down in Akron...so they have motivation on their side...

...but BD will be quietly working away and improving their show

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

BD has

Soaring Sounds, East, Pittsburgh.  It is of note they are the only top group in Pittsburgh.

Bluecoats have

Soaring Sounds, Band of Excellence, HOF game, East, Drums along the Waterfront, and their home show in Akron.

Now, with the exception of the East Coast Classic the Bluecoats are living on top of the world in basically their home territory and are going to undeniably bring the house down in Akron...so they have motivation on their side...

This is what BD does every year. It's been part of the reason why they finish seasons so strong, they spend the last 10 days of every season just cleaning and tweaking for Indy

52 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

BD has

Bluecoats have

All that sounds good, but historically, it has not matter. At this stage of the season, the top groups are all performing at the highest level possible, and they really don’t care where they are performing at. If they did, they almost certainly would not be performing at the level they are.

12 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Nothing like being surrounded by bandos that want to do nothing but talk (loudly) through all of the performances.

🤨😡😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

posted from the DrumScorps app

Off with their heads?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This is what BD does every year. It's been part of the reason why they finish seasons so strong, they spend the last 10 days of every season just cleaning and tweaking for Indy

Historically, why does blue Devils perform so few were shows that most everyone else at their level? Is it because they can offer more to not play, and they would rather rehearse, or is there another reason? I would guess that a lot of these groups, once they hit the road, need to be performing in order to pay the bills. That probably isn’t the case with blue Devils.

13 hours ago, George Dixon said:

BS seemed a little low energy tonight - I love the opener and the ballad. The ending seems flat - I'm sure they have more planned. Some of the show in the middle with the percussion feature etc tends to lose my interest

guard had a great run

I agreed with this in person last night. It was all about the guard, I didn't have much interest in the rest. I kept staring at the tents and was confused what they were doing in there. 

55 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I am aware. Wanted to see what all the buzz was about in 2014 so I watched BD rehearse at YSU instead of going to Massillon show.

11 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

All that sounds good, but historically, it has not matter. At this stage of the season, the top groups are all performing at the highest level possible, and they really don’t care where they are performing at. If they did, they almost certainly would not be performing at the level they are.

I agree but when we are talking in fractions for corps scoring virtually equally every variable can make a difference.

If Bluecoats (or BD) were up 1-2 points then I would say sure it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, George Dixon said:

fire this design team - then the real search can begin

any design team that hasn't removed that "tag" on the end of BOTW by now should be unemployed

harsh - but hey, I call it like I see it

If the screamers aren't miced then its "fine".  Last night there was decent applause when the tag concluded.