Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

4 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

I am aware. Wanted to see what all the buzz was about in 2014 so I watched BD rehearse at YSU instead of going to Massillon show.

Wow, that's something I wish I could have experienced 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Historically, why does blue Devils perform so few were shows that most everyone else at their level? Is it because they can offer more to not play, and they would rather rehearse, or is there another reason? I would guess that a lot of these groups, once they hit the road, need to be performing in order to pay the bills. That probably isn’t the case with blue Devils.

I think it's because they can afford to. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I guess that’s the difference between them and everyone else.

Edited by MikeRapp

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I don't know BD's revenue stream.

But I wonder if the reason they cut back on the "B" and "'C" corps touring is to 

assure they have enough funds to maintain the status quo for the "A" corps ?

8 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

But I wonder if the reason they cut back on the "B" and "'C" corps touring is to 

I don’t know.  But I do know that the big dog always ate first when I was around the Madison organization in the 2000’s when Scouts, Southwind, and Capital Sound were all in the MDBCA. 

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

i think to make everything equal, they should all be required to perform a certain number of times. And they all should be required to perform the same number of times. Take money out of it and make all things equal.

9 hours ago, c.l. said:

Usually, when people comment “lol” at the end of their posts they ask not to be taken seriously and it makes the reader feel like they wasted their time reading. So which is it?

I guess it depends on whether you agree with the sentiment of the original post or not....

18 minutes ago, dureau said:

i think to make everything equal, they should all be required to perform a certain number of times. And they all should be required to perform the same number of times. Take money out of it and make all things equal.

Yeah that sounds great but the reality is Music City can’t afford to tour all over America. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, dureau said:

No problem...as soon as they create as many early season shows in the West as they have elsewhere. Keep in mind during the first two weeks of the season, the West has shows only on the weekend available to them.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

It's not. The B and C corps were never intended to be national touring corps, and they pulled both units back into fulfilling their intended purposes and scopes. Vanguard did the same with their B corps.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1