Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

11 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Taking the Field Post Show Block 2 with Jen Barton and Daniel Montoya Jr.

We have all criticized FLO for many things but have to give them Kudo's for the show analysts this year.

JEN BARTON is currently the color guard director at James F. Byrnes High School in Duncan, South Carolina. While this program has been Jen’s focus for eleven years, she has worked with numerous programs throughout her career, including  The Cast and Etude independent winter guards, Pacific Crest (2011-2013), and Spirit of Atlanta (2014-2015).

As a performer, Jen has appeared with Santa Clara Vanguard and Northeast Independent FL Winter Guard. She has also performed with the Florida State University Marching Chiefs, ad astra per ASPERA Winter Guard, and CrownGUARD.

Jen earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumental Music Education from The Florida State University in 2004, where she studied flute with Stephanie Jutt and Eva Amsler. She participated in Marching Chiefs, Concert and Symphonic Bands, Harmonie Chamber Ensemble, Tau Beta Sigma, Golden Key and Phi Eta Sigma honor societies.

Read Jen Barton's Bio Here:
http://www.pacific-crest.org/2012/11/jen-barton/

I'm not sure about the dates in Jen's bio.  The Daughter was in the color guard at Spirit of Atlanta when Jen was there in 2015 and then followed her to Pacific Crest for her age-out year in 2016.  She then joined Jen on the guard staff of PC in 2018.  (See my signature below.)

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

this is shaping up to be  another 2008...BD visual, now Bloo music...GE calls the show

Well... I want to say that Bloo has lost twice now while winning GE.

BD is holding 2 out of three visual subcaptions most of the time while Bloo is holding 1 out of 3 music subcaptions.

It's complicated and a wide variety of configurations could result in a win (even one in which the winner takes no captions at all).

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I'm not sure about the dates in Jen's bio.  The Daughter was in the color guard at Spirit of Atlanta when Jen was there in 2015 and then followed her to Pacific Crest for her age-out year in 2016.  She then joined Jen on the guard staff of PC in 2018.  (See my signature below.)

Yes, I was corrected by another member on this. It was difficult to find current info on her so I used the older Pacific Crest staff info. The simple point I was trying to make was that she was more qualified to remark on  show performances over others who have been on FLO.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

You know what I mean.  Stanford.  They were still very dirty.  

Not Sanford? 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Lol I’m old.  I know I saw Cavies on a screen from somewhere.  😂

I know.  I’m just getting back for the typo you caught me on with that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich Cline said:

Yes, I was corrected by another member on this. It was difficult to find current info on her so I used the older Pacific Crest staff info. The simple point I was trying to make was that she was more qualified to remark on  show performances over others who have been on FLO.

More qualified -- that she is. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Lol I’m old.  I know I saw Cavies on a screen from somewhere.  😂

It was indeed Stanford University in Palo Alto on the 2nd night of their tour. And yes...they were dirty. Everyone on the teaching team knew it, too! That's why they've been excited all season. Because they continue to just get cleaner and cleaner. They will NOT disappoint come Indy. 

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 2