Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

5 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

It was indeed Stanford University in Palo Alto on the 2nd night of their tour. And yes...they were dirty. Everyone on the teaching team knew it, too! That's why they've been excited all season. Because they continue to just get cleaner and cleaner. They will NOT disappoint come Indy. 

Yep.  That’s why they have the most room to grow of the 4/5/6 tier.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Neat way to summarize, Chris. Very pithy

Thanks. My memories from last night all run together, so I don't see much point in trying to say anything more in depth.

24 minutes ago, EricS said:

J. Brooks percussion scores look awfully suspicious.  

In that case, hit him in the head with a slingshot, then LOP HIS HEAD OFF!  If that doesn't work, then BURN HIM AT THE STAKE, or THROWN HIM IN FRONT OF A TRAIN!

He will remain there until moral improves or his percussion scores get better.  😖

Will that be acceptable, @EricS😎

Was at the show last night, Bluecoats did indeed have the biggest crowd response...by far, even over Crown. Cavies show is very good, not sure if they can catch Boston, but I wouldn't be surprised. I find it hard to believe that BD's horn book has more content than Bloo's. There just isn't anything there that would put it in contention with bloo's brass book. I'm sure that this late in the season the judges would have a grasp of book content from all the corps. But the most striking thing from last night was just how good every corps was, even Spirit and Phantom had well designed and entertaining shows and were performed really well, haven't been able to say that the last few years.

1 minute ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Was at the show last night, Bluecoats did indeed have the biggest crowd response...by far, even over Crown. Cavies show is very good, not sure if they can catch Boston, but I wouldn't be surprised. I find it hard to believe that BD's horn book has more content than Bloo's. There just isn't anything there that would put it in contention with bloo's brass book. I'm sure that this late in the season the judges would have a grasp of book content from all the corps. But the most striking thing from last night was just how good every corps was, even Spirit and Phantom had well designed and entertaining shows and were performed really well, haven't been able to say that the last few years.

Cavies caught and beat Boston by over a point last night. Maybe you meant to say overtake them for the rest of the season.

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

Cavies caught and beat Boston by over a point last night. Maybe you meant to say overtake them for the rest of the season.

Yes, frankly, I thought Cavies where the 3rd best show there. Just wondering if they can hold on to 5th long term.

Edited by NCWVUFAN