Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

I’m on board with the notion that Cadets percussion is being somewhat underscored. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

BS seemed a little low energy tonight - I love the opener and the ballad. The ending seems flat - I'm sure they have more planned. Some of the show in the middle with the percussion feature etc tends to lose my interest

guard had a great run

Having seen these corps two nights in a row live and then on Flo tonight, I think the mixing is not giving a good representation.  I mentioned it earlier about Spirit and I'll say the same for PR and Blue Stars.  I felt like I was watching a "front ensemble corps" during the Blue Stars.

• Like 2

Just now, BlueStarsDad said:

Having seen these corps two nights in a row live and then on Flo tonight, I think the mixing is not giving a good representation.  I mentioned it earlier about Spirit and I'll say the same for PR and Blue Stars.  I felt like I was watching a "front ensemble corps" during the Blue Stars.

Yes, you really can't get a feel for how a corps is performing musically on FLO. Impossible to capture the live sound.

• Like 2

🥃🥃🥃

posted from the DrumScorps app

1 minute ago, Fred Windish said:

Maybe just my aging ears, but tonight’s Cadets program seems ratcheted-up electronically.  Big time.

yes - Cadets are the worst offenders this year - they were really going for a lot of effects in the sound design - but it clutters up and goobers up the performance of the MMs

• Like 1