Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

Edited by Jeffe77

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I wonder how many GE points the Cadets lose with that cringe worthy "we can do better" section?  I don't go to a corps show to be preached to.

I would add 5 points back in if they'd take it out.

Blue Stars love that section of the show... yep they're big fans 😉

• Haha 3

Cadets seem to be searching for a new style, but they are not there yet, and it is kind of painful to watch. Their show is made up of bits and pieces of old Cadets and other corps. They don't have a distinctive and coherent new image yet. I am hoping they can achieve this over the next year or so. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

This Maslanka 4 finale just doesn’t work on the field without the buildup and the woodwinds blazing under the doxology.  

Yeah. I keep wanting to hear what Avon did with it. It was like the brass losing just floats over this amazing wall of woodwinds and percussion. 

This treatment is “just the brass ma’am” which feels lacking. They could have written the pit for it and let the battery go for that some more maybe?  Dunno how to fix it 

I was very critical of Cadets last night, but that was a much better run tonight! Brass sounded much improved. Kudos to FloMarching for capturing some more of the key visuals too. I caught the male/female symbols, XY, balanced scales, etc. 

12 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Having seen these corps two nights in a row live and then on Flo tonight, I think the mixing is not giving a good representation.  I mentioned it earlier about Spirit and I'll say the same for PR and Blue Stars.  I felt like I was watching a "front ensemble corps" during the Blue Stars.

agreed