Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

Dayam Bloo.

Guys, my fourth time seeing this show and it’s going to go down as one of the all time greats.

Every drum corps designer should sit and watch this show. This is how you do GE.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Ditto

• Like 3

Just now, jordsterr said:

I understand what you're saying.  But in this case, I had the opposite reaction.  First saw it Friday in Murfreesboro.   I can already hear the audience singing in Indiana

The audience was singing last night even as SCV was setting up. Lol.

• Like 7

I literally tuned in just to catch "hey jude" and could tell the energy level was up from last night.

• Like 3

GO GET 'EM SANTA CLARA!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Transition into Hey Jude is still way, way too abrupt.  You just came off a HUGE screaming closer, you need to let it simmer. They have to give us somewhat of a true leave-the-stage-and-come-back encore type of vibe.  I almost with they had kept their existing ending, and instead of the turn and bow, toss in the pitch bend at THAT point and launch into Hey Jude.

I mentioned that as my ideal ending to the show in the Atlanta thread last night.

As it is, I still like it, but Crown executed the “encore” ending better in 2011, IMO.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jordsterr said:

I understand what you're saying.  But in this case, I had the opposite reaction.  First saw it Friday in Murfreesboro.   I can already hear the audience singing in Indiana

Perhaps, but "The End" made more sense both in terms of the literal placement and in the emotional value of the sentiment. "Hey Jude", which needs all 246 choruses to develop much of anything doesn't. It also isn't very gracefully tied into anything. YMMV, of course.

Edited by Slingerland