Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

Excuse me -- those are properly called "covers".  Right @Chief Guns?

My bad. But that is still most definitely a military-style hat worn for the entire duration of the show.

• Like 2

"Oh be kind to our fine feathered friends.....

...that duck may be someone's mother!..."

1 minute ago, karuna said:

One of the unique things about the ensemble (vs the other military ensembles):  these guys have all been through basic AND advanced weapons.  They are bad ### Marines -- not just professional musicians in uniform!    There are actually quite a few Crown guys in the unit.  

They protect and entertain. 

• Like 1

Marvelous performance!   I look forward to this part every year, whichever show it lands at.  

• Like 1

They have CDs. I have one. 

Bravo Zulu Marines!!! Ooh rah!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

Stuff like that would have never happened at my high school. I remember a specific time where we were all in the stands and one of freshmen just started laughing out loud in the middle of a performance. I was one of the drum majors that year and just a couple rows down from him. Before I even had a chance to turn around and act on it, both people next to him had their hands over his mouth and the section leader behind him was whispering in his ear with the most ###### off look I’ve ever seen out of her. After the performance, he got up and apologized to the parents around us for laughing during a performance.

We might not win every contest (though we did win a lot lol) but we were never going to be THAT band in the stands. So bravo for speaking up!

When I was in high school we weren't either. We made sure to give a STRICT speech to each of the new kids individually and out the fear of God in them before the competition season started. I had one who thought he was a rebel my senior year and yelled "YOU SUCK!" while a band was on the field...and was sitting right beside me. I smacked him as hard as I could on the back of his head, and during awards he was running laps around the track until awards were over. I don't play with that ****. There are bands and corps that I dont care for, but I'll be d***** if someone is going to treat them with any less than the respect they work their a**** off for!

• Like 4