Winston-Salem, NC - Sunday, July 28, 2019

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Crusaders break 90. Cavaliers barely ahead of them.

...over a point, and only .175 behind Crown....

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Stuff like that would have never happened at my high school. I remember a specific time where we were all in the stands and one of freshmen just started laughing out loud in the middle of a performance. I was one of the drum majors that year and just a couple rows down from him. Before I even had a chance to turn around and act on it, both people next to him had their hands over his mouth and the section leader behind him was whispering in his ear with the most ###### off look I’ve ever seen out of her. After the performance, he got up and apologized to the parents around us for laughing during a performance.

We might not win every contest (though we did win a lot lol) but we were never going to be THAT band in the stands. So bravo for speaking up!

My high school band director was kind of a nazi. The rule for us was that if we were ever together in public, there was no emotion. That included during the announcement of scores. We won a lot (won state my freshman year) and it was always awkward when all the runners up were cheering when their scores were announced and we were stone-faced and silent when we were announced as the winners.  A little over the top, if you ask me.

just now, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I’ll be in Centerville Ohio tomorrow night — and the battle will be epic!

You are not kidding

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Cavaliers will catch Crown, SCV will get a bronze and who knows who is going to win the whole thing.

Yea, they're very close to Crown. Cavaliers have some momentum. Wow!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 4

I thought Boston had a good run, didn’t get to see Cavies, but I did see Crown ?????

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

My high school band director was kind of a nazi. The rule for us was that if we were ever together in public, there was no emotion. That included during the announcement of scores. We won a lot (won state my freshman year) and it was always awkward when all the runners up were cheering when their scores were announced and we were stone-faced and silent when we were announced as the winners.  A little over the top, if you ask me.

We didn't show emotion until we broke rank, and I'm a firm believer in that. Crying is one thing, but do it silently. You stand at attention until told otherwise.

• Like 1

I find it funny that just two years ago we were all going crazy with Boston moving up and knocking off power houses they hadn’t ever beaten before and moved into the “elite”. Fast forward to now...everyone is going crazy that the best corps in the 2000s finally overtook Boston lol

• Haha 4