Post ATLANTA Finals Predictions

Share your predictions with 2 weeks left!

Here's my prediction for finals night:

1. Blue Devils

2. SCV

3. Bluecoats

4. Crown

5. Cavaliers

6. Boston

7. Blue Knights

8. Blue Stars

9. Mandarins

10. The Cadets

11. Crossmen

12. Phantom Regiment

13. Spirit

14. The Academy

15. Pacific Crest

16. Colts

17. Madison Scouts

18. Troopers

19. Music City

20. Genesis

21. Jersey Surf

22. Cascades

Percussion - SCV

Brass - Crown

Guard - Blue Devils

GE - Blue Devils

Visual - Blue Devils

• Like 3

I don't see much to disagree with on most of those, though my feeling is that Crown's lackluster GE numbers are going to end up pulling them down into the 5 spot - under Cavaliers. Trends are showing Rosemont making steady progress on closing the gap, and I'd imagine they could top Boston in Quarters, and Indy on Saturday night is going to be a very friendly house for a very fan-friendly show from them.  

And after last night I agree that Vanguard has the momentum moving up and Bloo, despite the win, might be looking on Finals night at having peaked a couple weeks out. It's happened before.

Edited by Slingerland

8 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Darn good prediction, George Dixon!

I would only switch Cadets with Crossmen. 

I could too "show wise" but the gap between those two has been very consistent all season

Maybe in the next week it will shrink?

Can't argue much with this one George. Numbers just don't lie and the consistency show to show is really starting to lay down. 

I'm not predicting placements, but will predict that an audience engaging show like The Bluecoats will reach it's peak in Lucas Oil, not before. You're not likely to beat it by hoping it will fade.  

• Like 5

ok,  I'll play (with trepidation): 

2 Weeks is a loooong time from now and it is soooon.  I'm guessing everyone will be on their game.

Good Luck to all.

1 Bluecoats
2 BD
3 SCV
4 Boston
5 Crown
6 Cavies
7 Blue Knights
8 Blue Stars
9 Mandarins
10 Crossmen
11 Cadets
12 Phantom
Percussion - SCV
Brass - Crown
Guard - Boston
GE - Bluecoats
Visual - Blue Devils

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Share your predictions with 2 weeks left!

Here's my prediction for finals night:

1. Blue Devils

2. SCV

3. Bluecoats

4. Crown

5. Cavaliers

6. Boston

7. Blue Knights

8. Blue Stars

9. Mandarins

10. The Cadets

11. Crossmen

12. Phantom Regiment

13. Spirit

14. The Academy

15. Pacific Crest

16. Colts

17. Madison Scouts

18. Troopers

19. Music City

20. Genesis

21. Jersey Surf

22. Cascades

Percussion - SCV

Brass - Crown

Guard - Blue Devils

GE - Blue Devils

Visual - Blue Devils

1. BD- I think they have a 50/50 shot at gold. Obviously they have history on their side but their brass is holding them back... sometimes the hornline is ranked higher but they should be in 4th (the hornline). If BD DOES NOT win it means that times are changing. We have been in this pattern since 07. The props are kind of cool but I don't think this show is anything special.

2. Bluecoats- They have a great chance of winning it all and I think they should. They have their big HOF stuff next week and I have a sneaking suspicion that this show will be the next Inferno.

3. SCV- I have said multiple times this year that I think this is the best corps on the field. The design is a head scratcher though. It looks like they will probably be 3rd with a small chance of moving up or down. If they stay where they are at or move up it will be the best a corps (not BD) has done the year after a championship since 07 (once again a pattern shift)

4. Crown-  Looks like they will probably stay here. Pretty big gap up and about a point over 5th

5. Cavaliers- They have a good chance of passing Boston down the stretch

6. Boston- I was hoping they would climb up and grab a medal but it's just not going to happen this year. Great show with an extremely talented corps. Just a great year for DCI 

7. BK- I love love love this show. When performed exceptionally well it has the music book to medal any other year. They are moving a lot more than they usually do. Very tight race with BS but I am pulling for BK because I think music is the most important.

8. Blue Stars- Very cool theming and they move a lot. This is a great GE/visual show...when I read call of the Wild this isn't the music that comes to mind. Still my favorite Blue Stars show since Re:Bourne

9. Mandarins- This show is fantastic and a good run should pull them ahead of the Cadets.

10. Cadets- Fantastic Percussion that carries the whole corps. Tasteful uniforms...and.... that's it. 

11. Crossmen- One of my favorite shows this year. I would love to see it do better.

12. Phantom- a somewhat comfortable lead over spirit. Phantom stays in the top 12 this year. Hopefully it's a wake up call and they make a lot of improvements next year.

13. Spirit- KNOCK KNOCK. I like neon underground. Keep up the good work- maybe next year.

14. Colts- great show and it's time they get the spot for it

15. Academy

16. PC- I thought Music City would be here but it's PC

17. Madison

18. Troop

19. Music City- brass is too good to stay behind Genesis

20. Genesis

21. Surf

22. Cascades

Everyone makes semis except for Cascades

Percussion SCV (no brainier)

Color Guard Boston (I would really like for this to happen)

Brass Crown

GE Bluecoats

Visual BD

• Like 3

I'm going to go a little different...I think we may see an unusually high number of placement changes by finals despite the consistency we have seen so far. This is supported, I think, by the super tight margins in several places and judges that appear to be calling their captions as they see them each night which could create opportunity for swings if the stars align. I doubt all of the shifts I have below will happen, but it will be an exciting two weeks.

1. Santa Clara Vanguard
2. Blue Devils
3. Bluecoats
4. The Cavaliers
5. Boston Crusaders
6. Carolina Crown
7. Mandarins
8. Blue Stars
9. Blue Knights
10. Crossmen
11. The Cadets
12. Phantom Regiment