Centerville, OH - Monday, July 29, 2019

Why does DCI schedule Monday night shows?  I am torn between following Soaring Sounds or The Bachelorette.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Why does DCI schedule Monday night shows?  I am torn between following Soaring Sounds or The Bachelorette.

Because if it was Wednesday night, you would have to miss Big Brother! 😂

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

I don't think it's entirely up to DCI but having helped promote a show a long, long time ago. Here are just a quick list of a few reasons to consider;

1. Availability of the stadium, there may be other functions to work around.
2. Where the corps are location wise in relation to a planned date.
3. Where the corps have to travel to for the next show to minimize travel distance and time.
4. Can a contest lineup drawn a large enough crowd to pay all expenses.
5. DCI is probably only involved so far as to ensure that any corps attending a show can meet their other time schedule commitments
6. Obtaining a sponsor to underwrite the cost of the show.

And there many more which others may add.

This not knowing what is happening is killing me!  Is there weather?  A delay? are they on schedule and performing well?  BD in the lot showed a windy night, so BD prob can't do opening toss, which may hurt them. AARRRGGGGHHH!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

This not knowing what is happening is killing me!  Is there weather?  A delay? are they on schedule and performing well?  BD in the lot showed a windy night, so BD prob can't do opening toss, which may hurt them. AARRRGGGGHHH!

Me too. I checked the hourly weather forecast and it looks like scattereld clouds, wind, possible light thunder storms and maybe showers after 9 PM. I'm in pacific time zone and I believe thats eastern time zone. We should hear something any time now.

• Like 1

There's showers in the area, but no lightning/thunder right now. The wind came with a gust front along the leading edge of the disorganizing line of showers.  I wouldn't be surprised if that little wind gust was only a temporary thing, and it gets closer to calm as the night goes on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Are you going to this one @FLBuzcut?  

No, I decided to skip it this year. Saving myself for Akron and Indy.

• Like 2