Centerville, OH - Monday, July 29, 2019

1 minute ago, Precious Roy said:

How does a corps win all but one viz/music sub-caption, but then get beat in GE? Its like that time in first grade, when I got "A"s in everything...except the teacher gave me a "B" in general effort.

one can execute guard, brass, feet, movement, drums at a top class level...and still not be effective;y entertaining...

BD is executing at that level and then some, but Bloo has the crowd, the effect

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

How does a corps win all but one viz/music sub-caption, but then get beat in GE? Its like that time in first grade, when I got "A"s in everything...except the teacher gave me a "B" in general effort.

Well...GE is more so the story the creative directors write behind the scenes, and how well the members execute it to the audience from my understanding. If you have a good story but don’t out march and play the other corps, you don’t get those points.

posted from the DrumScorps app

1 minute ago, Precious Roy said:

Ever seen Top Gun?

The Ice Man... That's how he flies... Ice Cold.

Then there's Maverick (who was NOT the 'Top Gun'... if you recall).

Boy that was a corny analogy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

Ever seen Top Gun?

The Ice Man... That's how he flies... Ice Cold.

Then there's Maverick (who was NOT the 'Top Gun'... if you recall).

Boy that was a corny analogy.

goose does not approve of this from the movie afterlife 😜

• Haha 3

I’m blown away.  The Blue Devils are unbelievable.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

1997 BD got swept by Cadets in GE, but BD swept all visual and music captions, won by almost a full point on finals night. It's rare but can happen. 

• Like 6

Just now, Chief Guns said:

1997 BD got swept by Cadets in GE, but BD swept all visual and music captions, won by almost a full point on finals night. It's rare but can happen. 

If BD keeps all of the non GE captions above Bloo, then they will most likely have it, mathematically.

Bloo should focus on those achievement subcaptions and just try to outplay, outmarch them.  It's doable.

• Like 3