Centerville, OH - Monday, July 29, 2019

I’m sorry but this may be one of those years, for me anyways, that the best Corps may not win. I’ve seen all the corps and Bloo just does it for me. I understand BD is clean as they always are, but Bloo just has “it” for me. That’s the show I’d rather see encore on Finals night. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

No encore. Scores were online before announced.

Colts are terrific but probably won't make Saturday night.

Bloo was amazing and engaging. I'm quite surprised they didn't win Brass. New ending? Not too sure.

BD was BALL$! I love the concept and the doors (walls?). They march the heck out of it. I see why Bloo is winning GE. They grab the crowd like nobody else. Both guards are engaging and .. WOW. BD has better-trained "bodies." Boston is beating them both? Yowza!

Will see SCV next week. As of now, I hope the Blues tie.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

bloo has the next 3+ days to clean, as does BD...but i think its critical time soon. regardless of place, bloo has entertained me just like last year. just fun to listen  to.

Unfortunately, those three days will be spent in part with the Band of Excellence, as well as a performance at the NFL Hall of Fame Game. BD just has these next 3 days to rehearse.

That, combined with the fact that the Bluecoats are appearing at more shows than any other corps this season, is why I just don’t see them winning down the stretch, as much as I would like them to do so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Unfortunately, those three days will be spent in part with the Band of Excellence, as well as a performance at the NFL Hall of Fame Game. BD just has these next 3 days to rehearse.

That, combined with the fact that the Bluecoats are appearing at more shows than any other corps this season, is why I just don’t see them winning down the stretch, as much as I would like them to do so.

Those extra activities will cost Bloo two rehearsal blocks. And it will give the MMs a nice break. I don’t see it as a big factor. 

• Like 3

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Those extra activities will cost Bloo two rehearsal blocks. And it will give the MMs a nice break. I don’t see it as a big factor. 

Good for them.

But again, what BD is doing over the next three days vs. Bloo is pretty different. Even if it doesn’t have that much impact on what goes down in Indy, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if BD takes Allentown on Friday night.

• Like 2

And POOF!  Overnight the Blue Devils horn line is the best.  Really?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

If BD keeps all of the non GE captions above Bloo, then they will most likely have it, mathematically.

Bloo should focus on those achievement subcaptions and just try to outplay, outmarch them.  It's doable.

BD understands that the season is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. A experienced knowledgeable staff focusing on performance strengths to maximize any weaknesses, if there are any. Not surprising at all! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bluesman said:

And POOF!  Overnight the Blue Devils horn line is the best.  Really?

Yes.  I heard them live earlier this evening and they kicked it up several notches.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3