Centerville, OH - Monday, July 29, 2019

1 minute ago, bluesman said:

And POOF!  Overnight the Blue Devils horn line is the best.  Really?

The scores are tight man.  'Best' is highly circumstantial right now.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

I’m sorry but this may be one of those years, for me anyways, that the best Corps may not win. I’ve seen all the corps and Bloo just does it for me. I understand BD is clean as they always are, but Bloo just has “it” for me. That’s the show I’d rather see encore on Finals night. 

The most entertaining show does not deserve to win based off that. You actually have to the demand and execution of that demand as well. Bluecoats does not have the overall demand other shows around them have. If you notice the scores the last couple shows, their achievement has been higher than content a lot across the sheet. They need to add more demand and execute it and then they will win.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

51 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

one can execute guard, brass, feet, movement, drums at a top class level...and still not be effective;y entertaining...

BD is executing at that level and then some, but Bloo has the crowd, the effect

I don't think crowd response is in the sheets. It's something taken into consideration, but isn't a part of the criteria.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

I’m sorry but this may be one of those years, for me anyways, that the best Corps may not win. I’ve seen all the corps and Bloo just does it for me. I understand BD is clean as they always are, but Bloo just has “it” for me. That’s the show I’d rather see encore on Finals night. 

Wouldn't the best corps be the one that plays and marches the best? :guinesssmilie:

Now if you said best show, you'd have an argument. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Just now, Cappybara said:

Wouldn't the best corps be the one that plays and marches the best? :guinesssmilie:

Now if you said best show, you'd have an argument. 

I explain drum corps judging to newbies thusly:  “Whoever performs the most difficult show the cleanest wins.”  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Frollo said:

The most entertaining show does not deserve to win based off that. You actually have to the demand and execution of that demand as well. Bluecoats does not have the overall demand other shows around them have. If you notice the scores the last couple shows, their achievement has been higher than content a lot across the sheet. They need to add more demand and execute it and then they will win.

posted from the DrumScorps app

No, their achievement scores are apples to apples at this level (an overall margin of less than .3).  It is a handicap to be beaten in content, but that doesn't prohibit them from pulling superior achievement scores (they have been doing that on many occasions).  It is possible (if not probable) that Bloo will have some perfect achievement scores at finals.  These can be cancelled out by perfect content scores from BD, but it would also require them to pull achievement scores higher than the lower content numbers in order to win.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's up on Youtube by Blue Devils however DCP won't allow embedded link

2019 Blue Devils Horn Line LIVE in the Lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIqA7353Ifw

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

It’s not over till it’s over. In 2013, Crown had the “it” show, placed second to Blue Devils quite a few times, including all three regionals, and prelims. Crown took home the gold. Fast forward to 2015, it looked like it would be Crown’s victory, it wasn't. I’m not ready to predict anything yet. Same holds true with 4-6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2