Favorite moments this season

So far, my best moment was sitting with my band students when Jersey Surf did the switch to *under*water... they were so blown away... it was beautiful.  🙂  

• Like 2

My favorite moment this year is the Troopers' entire show. They're the only corps I saw in Birmingham that didn't have their hornline blaring through speakers.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:51 PM, Precious Roy said:

Edited to add: Who is it that tosses their horns in the air? Was that BAC, or Cavies? There was an audible "gasp" throughout the stadium at Atlanta when that happened.

Crown tosses their horns and I gasped too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BlueStarsDad said:

That moment when my daughter looks up in the stands, sees me, and gives me a huge smile.  I only get to experience that moment four more times ...

Dude, my daughters are 7 and 3, and I just got chills reading this.  I can't wait for them to march.  🙂 Thanks for that.  

• Like 2

I just need to add this. I just saw Crown's performance from Night Beat in Winston-Salem. OMG!!! I think we need to talk about how seriously amazing that brass line is playing. Their percussion is pretty amazing too.  I was blown away by the cleanliness of that brass. I love the few tweaks to the end of their show. It's perfect. Hold that company front for a little longer, smack the audience with some amazing brass licks, and then float into the "Crown."  If this corps just had a pinch more GE and a theme that was a bit more obvious, they would definitely be in the medal hunt. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

I just need to add this. I just saw Crown's performance from Night Beat in Winston-Salem. OMG!!! I think we need to talk about how seriously amazing that brass line is playing. Their percussion is pretty amazing too.  I was blown away by the cleanliness of that brass. I love the few tweaks to the end of their show. It's perfect. Hold that company front for a little longer, smack the audience with some amazing brass licks, and then float into the "Crown."  If this corps just had a pinch more GE and a theme that was a bit more obvious, they would definitely be in the medal hunt. 

They were outstanding last night in Lawrence.  I agree company front could be enhanced. I still think the guard is doing great things but your eye is ever drawn to them at all in this show so the need to "fix" that. 

One from each show for me:

- Seattle Cascades opening hit.  

- Music City’s whole closer.  

- Jersey Surfs flyover moment.  

- Genesis ballad impact on the props.  

- Madison Scouts hauling *** at the end of Afterburners.  

- Troopers opening Persichetti trumpet solo.  

- The Academy’s ballad soloist.  

- Pacific Crests Chinatown ballad, amazing trumpet soloist in the lower register. 

- Colts color change.  

- Spirit of Atlanta’s ballad impact.  

- Phantom Regiments drumline at the beginning of the show, really nice stuff tapering in and out.  

- Crossmens drum major entrance.  

- Mandarins ballad impact. 

- The Cadets drumline the whole show.  

- Blue Stars final push in Dance Panels.  

- Blue Knights hit after four counts of silence in Liquid.  

- Boston Crusaders opening impact, everything but the guard in particular.  

- The Cavaliers ballad.  WOAH.  Probably my favorite thing on this list.  

- Carolina Crowns opening note.  

- Santa Clara Vanguard’s whole second section. 

- Blue Devils prop change moment at the beginning of Britney.  

- Bluecoats Blackbird brass moment.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Favorite moment? Lots of them, but here is one: Every year, I take a few days to travel and see shows in another state. I’ve actually (by chance) sat next to the same family for a couple of years now at a show, and we catch up when we meet. It’s nice. 

The daughter is maybe 12, 13 years old this year. On the day of the show, she and her dad (and maybe a brother or two) went and watched a rehearsal of the Blue Stars. This girl was ALL IN on the Blue Stars. Had her gear on, sat on the edge of her seat, cheered like a maniac. That was cool enough...

But then...

We were sitting in the top row of a section and different staff members were watching from a deck behind us. Dad sees a Blue Stars staff member right after their performance and congratulates him. Staff member comes over, chats up Dad and the daughter. She looked like she was about to float out of her seat. That was pretty good.

• Like 3