Favorite moments this season

13 hours ago, bicsta said:

I would say the Devils are the ONLY props that fell flat....

I'll see myself out.

And those BS mirrors on a windy night!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My favorite moment of the year is SCV's trombone/ Sousa Soli leading into the ensemble section afterwards, Just everything that I love about drum corps in a bit size morsel to snack on.. 

The Mellophone tower with Chromatically ascending sustains is just power. The much discussed Mic'd Contra line in the closer of SCV is just exactly what you want a Contra line to sound like. Just butter.

Bd's Ballad the slow rotation of the hornline around the clock is just a powerful visual and musical moment.

Boston's trombones and that Glissando... Cant wait to hear it live in Buffalo.

Crown's Ballad Hit. Just a beautiful Chord that I wish was about 10 seconds longer than it currently is.

The Bass trombone in Bluecoats' closer, that entire phrase, and the Contra phrase in the build up to it to that section. (can you tell I'm a Contra player)

What I want in the future is a true Bass trombone solo ( ala a Bob Mintzer chart) I grew up playing so many charts from Bob Mintzer that had some amazing Bass trombone writing that has to date been missing from the Drum Corp Field.

• Like 3

Pretty much anything in the Bluecoats and Blue Devils shows. Santa Clara's total music book is incredible! Carolina Crown's drill and music book is incredible! Boston and Cavaliers have amazing, well-rounded shows. Love Boston's brass book and use of Herald Trumpets. BD's clogging/hand-drumming feature is brilliant design. Blue Knight's music is so effective. The Cadets do have an amazing percussion section. A joy to watch. Heck, Madison's old-school style show is quite fun to take in. Many more moments to speak of, of course. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ArtTalk said:

These are just a few observations from the Blue Devils show. I really hope that others will continue to add comments about their own favorite moments from DCI 2019, as it will help me (and probably others) appreciate their incredible artistry and creativity or, more simply, just enhance the appreciation of all these great shows this year. 

BD is amazing! So many good ballads this year, but I think BD wins this one. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

My favorite moment of the year is SCV's trombone/ Sousa Soli leading into the ensemble section afterwards, Just everything that I love about drum corps in a bit size morsel to snack on.. 

The Mellophone tower with Chromatically ascending sustains is just power. The much discussed Mic'd Contra line in the closer of SCV is just exactly what you want a Contra line to sound like. Just butter.

Bd's Ballad the slow rotation of the hornline around the clock is just a powerful visual and musical moment.

Boston's trombones and that Glissando... Cant wait to hear it live in Buffalo.

Crown's Ballad Hit. Just a beautiful Chord that I wish was about 10 seconds longer than it currently is.

The Bass trombone in Bluecoats' closer, that entire phrase, and the Contra phrase in the build up to it to that section. (can you tell I'm a Contra player)

What I want in the future is a true Bass trombone solo ( ala a Bob Mintzer chart) I grew up playing so many charts from Bob Mintzer that had some amazing Bass trombone writing that has to date been missing from the Drum Corp Field.

Yup yup and yup!

Colts first big impact with Inferno gets me every time I hear it

19 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

BD is amazing! So many good ballads this year, but I think BD wins this one. 

Since 2014, I think BD is top three in ballads each year. 

• Like 3