Sign in to follow this  
JimF-LowBari

Pioneer Website???

Recommended Posts

Happened to catch a news thread about Pioneer doing a parade so checked their website. Staff and admin listed as being TBD but appear to have a full slate of parades scheduled. And Support Our Pioneer Youth (SOPY) page still has cost per member $4000 and ability to donate to a members dues via PayPal and/or credit card still up (IOW nothing changed). So certain areas up to date and some old and some just mysterious ( aka tbd)

Edit: volunteer page mentions “summer tour”. Geez....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like they don't have anyone paying much attention to their website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a tour bus being used as a party bus taking people to Alpine Valley for a Phish concert when I was in WI for those concerts. No idea if they actually make public appearances but they are at least making money renting out their buses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wouldnb't waste my time checking their website unless i knew every Blenski was no longer involved

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Happened to catch a news thread about Pioneer doing a parade so checked their website. Staff and admin listed as being TBD but appear to have a full slate of parades scheduled. And Support Our Pioneer Youth (SOPY) page still has cost per member $4000 and ability to donate to a members dues via PayPal and/or credit card still up (IOW nothing changed). So certain areas up to date and some old and some just mysterious ( aka tbd)

Edit: volunteer page mentions “summer tour”. Geez....

Thank you for the comprehensive review of the Pioneer website 🙂

Over the past 10 months, I honestly haven't had much time to spend on the website.  Between the birth of our first child in September, and everything else that transpired with the organization itself... the website took a back seat on the priority list.  With that in mind, I will fully admit that it's in a bit of shambles at the moment. 

Most of the website content was geared towards the organization being a participant on the DCI World Class tour, and everyone knows where that stands for the foreseeable future.  Some of the DCI specific content was unpublished or rewritten, but other pages haven't been reviewed yet.  With time, they all will be touched. 

In addition, there are some other programs in development for the organization at this point in time.  Once those are solidified, the website will be completely revamped to reflect said programs.

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Galen said:

Sounds like they don't have anyone paying much attention to their website.

After 19+ years running that thing, I've taken a little time off the past 10 months to focus on other things.  At some point in the coming months, the whole thing will be due for a revamp/refresh.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PioneerWebmaster said:

After 19+ years running that thing, I've taken a little time off the past 10 months to focus on other things.  At some point in the coming months, the whole thing will be due for a revamp/refresh.

 

That is very admirable.  I'm sure that you most-likely donated your time as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I saw a tour bus being used as a party bus taking people to Alpine Valley for a Phish concert when I was in WI for those concerts. No idea if they actually make public appearances but they are at least making money renting out their buses.

The buses are being chartered on a regular basis for a wide array of groups.  Groups heading to concerts, conventions and other uses.

As for public appearances, there's been a Pioneer Percussion Ensemble out participating in parades all summer.  It's a group consisting of mostly local members (Milwaukee & Chicago).  They completed a week-long tour earlier this summer, and most recently appeared in a parade in the Milwaukee area this past weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

That is very admirable.  I'm sure that you most-likely donated your time as well. 

No idea how many hours of time donated, but also the hosting & domain registration costs as well.

Fun story - Pioneer was actually one of the first corps to have a website back in mid-90's.  It was launched by another Pioneer member that I went to high school with.  Right around 2000,  he handed off the keys to me and I've been taking care of it ever since.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.