Annapolis, MD - Tuesday, July 30, 2019

6 minutes ago, jmahone said:

We were there live and just got home. Cavies are awesome this year. I really like their show and they just exude strength! Seeing Spirit live was amazing. Cadets start strong, but I feel their show just loses power and GE along the way. Don't get me wrong, all of the corps are looking sharper and sounding crisper as the tour continues, but you can really see and hear why the scores are what they are.

I'm pulling for Spirit to make finals, and they have a chance, but PR and Crossmen are looking great, too.

I love Navy's stadium, but the concessions are always a disaster for any thing other than Navy games. We sat in line for 45 minutes, missing the opening and the anthem.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Concessions have been a disaster at every show I’ve been to this season except for the Atlanta show this past weekend. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jmahone said:

I love Navy's stadium, but the concessions are always a disaster for any thing other than Navy games. We sat in line for 45 minutes, missing the opening and the anthem.

You didn't miss the National Anthem.  If you can hear it, you face the music and honor our country.  Did you?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jake W. said:

I'd be thrilled to see:

Mandarins pass Cadets again

No score drops for Scades or Surf, but some nice little bumps instead (and hopefully Scades break the 70 they've been inching closer to since Atlanta). 

Well, I was granted two out of three!

Congrats to Cascades on their jump up over a point and solidly passing 70, and HUGE congrats to Surf on jumping slightly over 3 points (!!) and edging closer to 75! By the way, Surf hasn't hit a 75.00 at ALL since 2014. So, their 74.200 tonight is quite promising : ) 

19 minutes ago, EuphoniumDad said:

Not to pick too many nits, but you face the flag while the anthem is played, not the musicians. Right?

If your located where you can't see the flag (stadium concourse waiting to order food?) you can face the music.  I'm still waiting to read that a stadium stops serving for about 90 seconds to allow employees and customers to honor the flag.  Next time you're at a sporting event, especially a sport that's played inside a track, see how many folks walking the track stop for the NA.  The majority of USA citizens only get pumped up about such traditions after a major happening like 9-11.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If your located where you can't see the flag (stadium concourse waiting to order food?) you can face the music.  I'm still waiting to read that a stadium stops serving for about 90 seconds to allow employees and customers to honor the flag.  Next time you're at a sporting event, especially a sport that's played inside a track, see how many folks walking the track stop for the NA.  The majority of USA citizens only get pumped up about such traditions after a major happening like 9-11.

A few years ago, I stood for the National anthem at a show, looked at the flagpoles and was appalled to see no American flag in the stadium.  So....I started #####ing on social media and about two corps in, there was an American flag being raised.  🇺🇸 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Several year ago at the Walnut CA show 2014, i was near concessions and the national anthem started playing. I stopped and stood at attention. Some guy and woman basically shoved me out the way because i guess i was blocking their path during the anthem. I was wearing my blue Navy Chief t-shirt ( i am active duty), and a guy that was near during the anthem me asked if i was military and i said yes and showed my ID card. Upon hearing that he took off after the couple and gave them the business. Others joined in when they found out i was active duty. No punches was thrown, but it got heated real quick. I appreciated everyone coming to my defense, but felt bad cause it started a scene.

• Like 6

Of course Ghost is right - if you can't see the flag, you face the source of the music. It was unclear from the OP that that was their situation.

And, I agree that it's literally the least we can do to stop and pay attention during the anthem. No argument there from me.

• Like 5