Annapolis, MD - Tuesday, July 30, 2019

49 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Concessions have been a disaster at every show I’ve been to this season except for the Atlanta show this past weekend. 

With all of my grips about the Katy stadium, the one thing I like about that place are the concessions. Again if anyone goes to this show get there as SOON as possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

With all of my grips about the Katy stadium, the one thing I like about that place are the concessions. Again if anyone goes to this show get there as SOON as possible.

For some reason, shows that have had a few concession windows open in the past, had one open this year.  I’m looking at you, Lisle, Illinois.

Edited by Terri Schehr

I was serving in the concession stand at a high school football game a couple years ago. Now keep in mind the stadium is literally across the highway from the entrance to the Air Force Base located in our town. One might think locals would have some idea of proper anthem etiquette. Nope!  Most of us working the stand were either currently military or retired military. When the anthem plays the concessions typically stop. I stopped serving and the fella waiting to order blew up on me but I didn’t acknowledge him until the song ended. Really he made a fool out of himself. I was rather surprised, kinda proud actually, when the guy in line with him blew up on him after the anthem finished and told him how stupid he looked. He was still pointing and mouthing him all the way back to to their seats in the stands. We laughed about his lecture the rest of the night. 

• Like 4

San Bernardino concessions seemed too long. Chief could probably vouch for that.

• Like 1

Just now, jjeffeory said:

San Bernardino concessions seemed too long. Chief could probably vouch for that.

Yes Sir. 25 minutes for a bottle water lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Next time you're at a sporting event, especially a sport that's played inside a track, see how many folks walking the track stop for the NA.

A couple weeks ago, we were in a gym that was being used as a staging area/clerk of course for a swim meet my son was a participant in. At the beginning of the meet, they played the National Anthem in the gym. There was an elevated track around the periphery of the gym. When the anthem played, one person that was jogging the track stopped and faced the flag. Another person, who was walking the track, kept moving.