Annapolis, MD - Tuesday, July 30, 2019

That gap between Cadets and Mandarins is widening, especially in percussion. Cadets line is awfully good. Not sure that gap can be closed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

You wouldn’t have been able to bring it in Atlanta or Indy.  They do bag searches. 

Carrying a light wind breaker with liquid refreshment in the sleeves has worked for me.

9 hours ago, neonismysignaturecolor said:

Well should have known the first time I get brave enough to post it doesn't go right. Tried to quote the SOA compliment and then say in all caps WE JUMPED CROSSMAN!

posted from the DrumScorps app

First they are Crossmen. Second you can’t compare scores at different shows. Let’s see how y’all compare at Allentown before declaring anyone jumped.

1 minute ago, littlejaw said:

First they are Crossmen. Second you can’t compare scores at different shows. Let’s see how y’all compare at Allentown before declaring anyone jumped.

Luckily, they'll both perform on the same night, so all comparisons will be valid. 

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

2 hours ago, jmahone said:

We were there live and just got home. Cavies are awesome this year. I really like their show and they just exude strength! Seeing Spirit live was amazing. Cadets start strong, but I feel their show just loses power and GE along the way. Don't get me wrong, all of the corps are looking sharper and sounding crisper as the tour continues, but you can really see and hear why the scores are what they are.

I'm pulling for Spirit to make finals, and they have a chance, but PR and Crossmen are looking great, too.

I love Navy's stadium, but the concessions are always a disaster for any thing other than Navy games. We sat in line for 45 minutes, missing the opening and the anthem.

huh. never had issues when DCA was there

I think that may be because the DCA shows here were Nats for them, so a bigger presence, more concession stands open. Only one open last night.

Also, I must clarify, I was speaking as an Annapolitan when I referred to "we", not a service member, at NMCMS. I'm on post as a contractor, working with our military.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, but I do not want anyone to be misled!

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

Luckily, they'll both perform on the same night, so all comparisons will be valid. 

Saturday seems to be the better show if you ask me too. All of the match ups are more interesting (aside from the top 3). 

But we have 4-5-6, cadets probably pulling away from the back half of finals group, and 10-11-12-13-14-16.

• Like 1