Phantom's Joan ending needs the dramatic impact of their Juliet/Spartacus shows

this this stage, i think any revisions would have to be in this week, but not sure it'll be enough

I'm confused about some of the costuming in their show this year.  It's about Joan of Arc (French), but the guard is wearing something reminiscent of English Crusaders.  I may not get the tie-in, though.  Is there somewhere I can go to understand more about this (show description, etc)?  Nothing is jumping out at me.

48 minutes ago, over60 said:

Replicating Joan of Arc - A New Ending

Currently, as they end the show, the brass and percussion players are front and center so they don't have to move much. They can briefly separate so the tower can be pushed to the front of the field and then close back in to surround it as it passes. The brass players are now the 800 soldiers. Now use a portion of the ladies in the guard to act as the crowd. They would be facing the soldiers, most of them on their knees with their hands in prayer position in front of them and also crossing themselves. Perhaps one or two of them would either break through the soldier's ranks or be allowed to place small bouquets of flowers at the base of the tower. Now all you need is for one guy to be dressed in a brown, ankle length priest's robe to stand at the foot of the tower. That completes the scene. As for the music, I suppose they could play what they use now but how about a reprise of Fire. The musicians already know the music and it's much more forceful for this scene.

Now for the real drama. There are many accounts of what Joan's last words may have been but I don't think anyone knows for sure. So, let's take the one that is most dramatic for our purpose. The Catholic church excommunicated Joan for being a heretic but in her mind she was still pious and considered herself a good Catholic. After all, she had only done what the visions of angels (and Saint Michael) had instructed her to do. One account I read was that just before the fire was lit she told the priest that the last thing she wanted to see before she died was a crucifix. She asked him to "hold it high, so I can see it above the smoke and flames." Wow. Picture that image. I think we got ourselves an ending. So the priest got a long pole and attached the crucifix to the top of it and held it up high in front of her as she was consumed by the flames. And, this is my thought, to add even more pathos, have her kiss the crucifix as the music builds and then slump in death a few moments later on the last thundering note of the show. If that wouldn't get the crowd up and screaming I'd eat one of their pith helmets, without salt. (maybe a little ketchup)

This would be an awesome ending and worthy only if done by Phantom Regiment

I think the top 12 are set.  Phantom needs to call 1-800-BAC-FIRE and borrow that thing to shoot out of the platform that currently smokes.  

• Haha 1

What was Joan of Arc famous for?

Joan of Arc, nicknamed "The Maid of Orléans," was born in 1412 in Domrémy, Bar, France. A national heroine of France, at age 18 she led the French army to victory over the English at Orléans. Captured a year later, Joan was burned at the stake as a heretic by the English and their French collaborators.Apr 2, 2014

Here is a Link:

Joan of Arc - Death, Facts & Accomplishments - Biography

Burning Will Pitts at the stake will get the crowd on their feet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, over60 said:

So I went to bed and awoke to go the the bathroom about 4am Sunday morning because I'm a 71 year old guy and that's what we do thanks to Mr. Prostate. As I shuffled to and from the bathroom with my eyes half closed I suddenly had a vision of a new ending that would be simple to implement (I think) while adding a great deal of drama. Hear me out.

I was laughing so hard relating to this that I lost track of the rest of your post. Sorry, I'll go back and re-read. 

Ok, got it. I'm not sure the designers were so concerned with historical accuracy as creating an artistic, musical experience. Ok, that's a load of crap. I'm still giggling. 

LOS has claimed a lot of lives so far. What's one more? Will start to rival the death toll from windmill cancer before long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2