Phantom's Joan ending needs the dramatic impact of their Juliet/Spartacus shows

36 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I hate all these hyper-literal shows. 2007 wasn’t a contender but something like that which is progressive and non-literal would be a breath of fresh On Air

Likely reason for them is the fear the show will not be understood by the panel and therefore dinged.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 6:58 PM, xandandl said:

Think Norman (as in Normandy) which also became quite the blood line for those British royals....

That's quite the expectation to have for an average drum corps fan.  Could be a part of why people consider this year's show a "miss" in some regards.  Great corps, but wish the concept was clearer (especially since done by others).

1 minute ago, NewToPosting said:

That's quite the expectation to have for an average drum corps fan.  Could be a part of why people consider this year's show a "miss" in some regards.  Great corps, but wish the concept was clearer (especially since done by others).

This.

Do they really have no better ideas than to rehash a recent Pioneer show?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NewToPosting said:

Yeah, I really wish SCV didn't do Les Mis. </Sarcasm>

What is so unclear about the concept? It's pretty darn clear to me and I've just watched a few videos. There are shows placing higher that are unclear, IMHO.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 1:18 AM, FTNK said:

I hate all these hyper-literal shows. 2007 wasn’t a contender but something like that which is progressive and non-literal would be a breath of fresh On Air

I see what you did there. I truly don't understand why there's a need for corps to declare, or people to want corps to declare if a show is "literal" or "non-literal".  Is this so important and does it really matter?