Do Cavaliers catch Crown?

16 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Catch Crown? That’s the wrong question.  Can The Cavaliers catch Vanguard?

This. Both Crown and SCV might have peaked a little early while the Green Momentum is gaining. 

25 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I can't picture this. But who knows!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm biased as well, but maybe q little less. I'd say likely.

The judging community seems to like Cavaliers show better than Crown's.

If Cavaliers can stay close to Crown in brass and music, and possibly win percussion versus Crown; their GE and visual could push them over as they clean 

Pretty doable.

Boston is not done, though. I'm going to give them respect.

will the real GOLIATH please stand up...................and be slain !!!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

If I were a betting man I would put better odds on SCV winning it all versus seeing Cavaliers catch them for the bronze.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think there's a very high possibility that Crown and Cavies might flip flop like BD and Bloo in the last couple of shows before it's championship time. ...but on finals...Crown will come out on top of Cavies. by a slim margin. Crown hasn't peaked at all.They're scores are still increasing and at a higher and faster rate then the Cavies. I guess Cavies could them at finals, but I doubt it. There's also BAC to factor into it all as well. They just had the last three days without a show to clean. I wouldn't be surprised if they could jump ahead of Cavies tonight

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

As a Bluecoats fan in 2017 you don’t put this era of Cavaliers in the rear view mirror.  They did it to Cadets in 2016 too.  And this corps is way stronger across the board.   

Agreed and I absolutely love being the underdog

Actually, improvement since San Antonio:

- Carolina Crown - 3.637

- Cavaliers - 4.55

Improvement since Atlanta:

- Carolina Crown - .912

- Cavaliers - 1.437

Cavaliers are hitting their stride right now, we will see if that lasts through finals but momentum is in their favor   There are  advantages and disadvantages for both   Carolina Crown is going to be putting up championship level brass and music analysis scores, however over the last week they’re constantly getting ordinals lower than 6th in GE content and visual captions, particularly in colorguard.     Meanwhile Cavaliers are way more even across the board, placing from 3rd to 6th and none below that   4th in GE on Sunday was a big plus, and they’ve done it before that too.  However the only thing they’re lacking is a caption to push them over the top   They don’t have a brass line or colorguard that is the leader of the pack.   But they have the show firing evenly on all levels, and that usually seems to win out on finals night   

We shall see!   Them, Carolina Crown, and Boston Crusaders are all amazing, but I feel like they can end up 4th because they have no big weaknesses.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 9

Content/Difficulty says yes.

Execution says possible.

We will know in ten days.