Do Cavaliers catch Crown?

On 8/17/2019 at 7:52 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Well...you were right...they didn't catch Crown. But at least they stretched that lead out over BAC. Order has been restored. 

I did not even come to jump onto the topic but since you brought it up. Yup the Cavaliers did not Catch Crown. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, E3D said:

I did not even come to jump onto the topic but since you brought it up. Yup the Cavaliers did not Catch Crown. 

If they had, they may well have taken home a medal, since there wasn't much room to squeeze in between Crown and SCV.

• Like 1

Just now, skevinp said:

If they had, they may well have taken home a medal, since there wasn't much room to squeeze in between Crown and SCV.

They should have had Tarps. That would have put them over the top. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

They should have had Tarps. That would have put them over the top. 

Ft. Mill wouldn't let Rosemont have the tarp of a green painted Crown; and DCI wouldn't let the Cavies have a tarp portrait of the Old Man smoking his trademark cigar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/17/2019 at 7:52 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Well...you were right...they didn't catch Crown. But at least they stretched that lead out over BAC. Order has been restored. 

Since you brought it up - An organization that have 7 DCI titles should not be toooting their own horn over stretching out a point and change over the Boston Crusaders in one season.

In other words if that is indeed Cavaliers victory lap for the year, then the organization need to set new goals. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, E3D said:

Since you brought it up - An organization that have 7 DCI titles should not be toooting their own horn over stretching out a point and change over the Boston Crusaders in one season.

In other words if that is indeed Cavaliers victory lap for the year, then the organization need to set new goals. 

For a corps that in the past decade has come in 9th more than they have come in 1st in the past decade maybe a comfortable 5th is something to be proud of. Everyone ahead of them this year has won more championships than them in the '10s.

After a rocky decade the Cavaliers seem to be turning things around, especially considering the increased level of competition

I say let the Cavaliers toot as loudly and proudly as they want.  It was a highly successful season in terms of moving forward and I think they made the Old Man proud. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I say let the Cavaliers toot as loudly and proudly as they want.  It was a highly successful season in terms of moving forward and I think they made the Old Man proud. 

When one considers all that the Cavaliers organization and membership have gone through in the 2019 season, their placement is certainly to be respected.