Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Not related to the thread...I must admit...The Beatles have been stuck in my head too since Saturday...LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minutes ago, Foef_Yet_Flalf said:

Cavaliers tossed too much stuff so now no other corps can do full shows

16 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

I like what Cavies are doing this year.  Most powerful brass they have had in a while.  Only gripe (we all have at least one) is that they do not have more room for more expansive drill when they do it.  The big moves all seem too compressed somehow.

The compactness of the drill makes it difficult to read.  The large stage/prop piece becomes a problem for visuals that might have been written for the back-left quadrant of the field.  This is one the best brass lines they have had in a long time, but the more difficult passages are played in very tight compact forms without drill.  I think that is what will keep them from overtaking Crown.

46 minutes ago, Foef_Yet_Flalf said:

cavaliers trumpet solos have a bit of mic issues?

posted from the DrumScorps app

Been having mic issues that last couple shows. Need to get it figured out. 

7 minutes ago, bluesman said:

The compactness of the drill makes it difficult to read.  The large stage/prop piece becomes a problem for visuals that might have been written for the back-left quadrant of the field.  This is one the best brass lines they have had in a long time, but the more difficult passages are played in very tight compact forms without drill.  I think that is what will keep them from overtaking Crown.

I think the drill was written this way specifically for the brass to progress naturally.Baby steps. Last year Kevin took over and implemented his style. This year the brass is amazing though visually compact. Next year I’d believe it to be the next in progression and we’ll see more drill while playing as well. The brass improvement has been amazing.

Edited by GREENBLUE

1 minute ago, Tony L. said:

Boston without any visuals is meh.  

Is the standstill because of weather or because the Talen officials vetoed the props?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1