Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

You know, we’ll actually know more Saturday. Tonight was FUBAR.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

It was those spinning drum things. 

I remember those.

24 minutes ago, fahox said:

I overheard a yea staffer, evidenced by his shirt and name tag, telling some folks,  that Boston refused to move their props because they said they couldn't get a good enough grip to move their props around the field.... 

They refused to move their props because they couldn’t move their props?

• Haha 1

So one final comment on actual performances tonight.  Vanguard is a championship quality corps, but I just am not loving this year's music that much, but more so, what about that Vanguard show makes one immediately go to those lavender and pink pajamas?  Undone based on that alone imho.

1 hour ago, BeachBum said:

Statement from DCI & YEA:

https://yea.org/cadets/talen

This statement makes no sense.  I was at the show. No clue what weather they were talking about. I’m assuming the turf may have taken on some rain earlier in the day, but there was no change in the weather from when Cavies ended and Boston was supposed to start.  Crossmen and Cavies both had props on the field and moved.... 

The stadium is awesome but it appears as though the grass turf kept within its walls is made of rare, delicate, expensive blades found only in the purest windswept prairies of the world and is not to by touched by mere mortals. If DCI is going to continue its relationship with Talen, it would be nice to know exactly what their field stipulations and rules are so the fans forking over hundreds of dollars can better determine if they want to risk the chance of coming to see a standstill on a dry, mild, breezy evening again. 

Or they can simply change their refund policy. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1