Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

1 hour ago, KRtrumpet182 said:

What happened in 2005 in Hershey? That was before I moved to the area. 

EDIT: Jeff, I found the thread from that fiasco. How disappointing. Wish drum corps could make a return to Central PA. 

no other stadium around here can handle it, and if Herco can run a concert they'll make a ton more money

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Off-topic: where is the field in the northeast that has a cool bridge as a backdrop behind the away stands? The show normally happens around this time of year.

Talen Energy Stadium....in Chester

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

I’m surprised! Thought DCI had already forwarded that information to you. 

i didn't ask for it, but i appreciate your sarcasm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The soccer field in Rochester is field turf, too.

since when? no way after they ran prelims in 06 with a tropical storm raging

1 hour ago, KRtrumpet182 said:

Edit: Jeff, I found the thread from that fiasco. How disappointing. Wish drum corps could make a return to Central PA. 

Just read it too. Reminds me of the TCF Bank Stadium situation a few years ago that caused that show to be cancelled (and hence partly why DCI probably won’t schedule a show there anymore).

2 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It's not in PA, but Delaware Stadium at UD wouldn't be a bad option. Not as far away from central Philly as Hersheypark and Reading, and they've hosted BOA competitions before.

Also dci competitions

June 26, 1992

Newark, DE DCE

1 Crossmen 70.2

2 Cadets of Bergen Cty. 68.8

3 Boston Crusaders 55.6

4 Dutch Boy 53.1

Division II

1 Cardinals of Scarbor. 51.7

2 Jersey Surf 42.1

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

MetLife may be a better choice. The venue was great earlier this month. Would be better for TOC than just the first early season show. Or maybe the Linc?

Rutgers in Piscataway would be another option

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

This statement makes no sense.  I was at the show. No clue what weather they were talking about. I’m assuming the turf may have taken on some rain earlier in the day, but there was no change in the weather from when Cavies ended and Boston was supposed to start.  Crossmen and Cavies both had props on the field and moved.... 

The stadium is awesome but it appears as though the grass turf kept within its walls is made of rare, delicate, expensive blades found only in the purest windswept prairies of the world and is not to by touched by mere mortals. If DCI is going to continue its relationship with Talen, it would be nice to know exactly what their field stipulations and rules are so the fans forking over hundreds of dollars can better determine if they want to risk the chance of coming to see a standstill on a dry, mild, breezy evening again. 

Or they can simply change their refund policy. 

Agree.   The weather is a cop out.   It rained earlier in the day for maybe 15 minutes?    The grounds crew was fussy last year too -- I remember PR and BAC performed their shows without the tarps.  Next year this show needs to be moved to UDel or Rutgers.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ykw said:

Agree.   The weather is a cop out.   It rained earlier in the day for maybe 15 minutes?    The grounds crew was fussy last year too -- I remember PR and BAC performed their shows without the tarps.  Next year this show needs to be moved to UDel or Rutgers.

Pretty sure Cavaliers were there last year and performed without tarps also.