Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

36 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

If this is the official reason than the fix is quite simple.  Build props to accommodate all conditions experienced during the drum corps season or don’t use props 😊

This is not official.  It's just a really BAD rumor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

When I marched it never rained out. :help:

I can honestly tell you that while I was in The Commandant's Own, we marched a full show in mud/rain/sleet at a western Minnesota show.  To say our uniforms were muddy was an understatement.  In fact, if memory serves correctly, a future commanding officer of The Commandant's Own lost his shoe in the mud at that show and it wasn't recovered.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

9 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Do you realize the post that you're responding to was sarcasm posted by a BAC fan in response to other posters comments?

Not until you and Jeff Ream pointed it out to me!😊

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I am stuck a bit on the word refused. In the past, including a performance in Lawrence that was stand still, Boston Crusaders have been criticized for putting safety at risk by performing. Last night  they could not move their props and took the cautious route , so they “refused?” Would “refused” be used if another corps was having prop issues, or would “unable” be used? 

Hey you do realize I am quoting someone else's words? and then used that in a PHOOOO statement? 

19 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I am stuck a bit on the word refused. In the past, including a performance in Lawrence that was stand still, Boston Crusaders have been criticized for putting safety at risk by performing. Last night  they could not move their props and took the cautious route , so they “refused?” Would “refused” be used if another corps was having prop issues, or would “unable” be used? 

I don't really believe a BAC supporter like yourself would associate Crusaders with refuse even in the past tense in light of its homographical intent. Given the whole David vs. Goliath energy, unable might not be the apt word either; David felt himself surely able.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I can honestly tell you that while I was in The Commandant's Own, we marched a full show in mud/rain/sleet at a western Minnesota show.  To say our uniforms were muddy was an understatement.  In fact, if memory serves correctly, a future commanding officer lost his shoe in the mud at that show and it wasn't recovered.

ruuuuuroooooo another Jarhead????? semper fi leatherneck. 

1989-1997 active and inactive 

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Not until you and Jeff Ream pointed it out to me!😊

Someone on the BOD at BAC paying you off to make posts??????:spitting::lol:

10 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This is not official.  It's just a really BAD rumor.

COMMMMMON :notme:

22 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

True,

But the idea that Weather will get more and more inpredicatable the older we get is a given, DCI as an activity should try to prepare for that as much as possible.

Sadly Grass shows are going to have to be the last resort. When picking between different venues, An indoor domed show is first choice, Followed by a Turf Field, and last a Grass field.

Had Chester had a Turf Field it would not have mattered that it was raining for two days straight prior to the show because the field would've drained in time for the show. 

The cost difference between a Turf field and a grass field would be nothing compared to having to refund tickets, which I would venture to say that DCI is fielding many emails this morning from Angered DCI fans who paid a top Dollar to get their families out to the show only to have half the corps not perform a show in ideal weather conditions. 

If I was there I would be getting my money back from DCI, because this was the Stadiums decision to not proceed with the show, Not a dangerous Weather event (lightning) 

The sad thing is Glenn - grass fields are becoming a artifact due to the climate change. All that rain and the grass the natural grass just up and dies out. :spitting:

inadvertent collateral damage from turf fields is all the climate change it creates and thus causes the real grass to die out all across the earth. A vicious cycle.

I have a PHD in climate. :peek: