Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

The sad thing is Glenn - grass fields are becoming a artifact due to the climate change. All that rain and the grass the natural grass just up and dies out. :spitting:

inadvertent collateral damage from turf fields is all the climate change it creates and thus causes the real grass to die out all across the earth. A vicious cycle.

I have a PHD in climate. :peek:

You might have a PHD but it's not in climate. 💩

• Haha 2

Just now, Barneveld said:

You might have a PHD but it's not in climate. 💩

:w00t::lol:

5 minutes ago, E3D said:

The sad thing is Glenn - grass fields are becoming a artifact due to the climate change. All that rain and the grass the natural grass just up and dies out. :spitting:

inadvertent collateral damage from turf fields is all the climate change it creates and thus causes the real grass to die out all across the earth. A vicious cycle.

I have a PHD in climate. :peek:

You either believe the science or you dont.

You can keep your sarcasm, I'm not here for that.

13 minutes ago, E3D said:

ruuuuuroooooo another Jarhead????? semper fi leatherneck. 

1989-1997 active and inactive 

Semper Fi back at you.

3 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

You either believe the science or you dont.

You can keep your sarcasm, I'm not here for that.

Hey it was just joking around. Try not to take things so seriously. apologies 

I do think there are many high schools (districts) who have fields with artificial turf.  I used to teach in Texas and I would say a majority of the larger high schools / districts had a stadium with artificial turf.  I am now in Kansas and there are several high schools with artificial turf.  I also remember when seeing many fields with artificial turf at our housing sites when on tour.  This was 20+ years ago.  

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

For those suggesting that there should be no more shows on natural grass fields, what about all the shows in California that are on natural grass? Or the numerous Open Class and early-season World Class shows that occur on natural grass because of the show sponsor?

I’m not necessarily saying these shows should not be on natural grass, but there are reasons why they are there in the first place.

Corps don't just have grass fields to perform on.  They also have grass fields they have to practice on.   We are seeing more and more difficulty getting schools to provide housing and practice facilities.   Just this last week, the Crossmen had to scramble to find facilities in Pennsylvania.  If schools start finding more and more damage on their property(aka fields) after a corps leaves due to their huge props, that trend could continue.

Rain can cancel shows, but it also impacts practices and soaks fields that are being practiced on.  It's impractical to say "all shows must be on artificial grass AND all practice facilities on artificial grass."  Where are all these fields?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, E3D said:

Hey it was just joking around. Try not to take things so seriously. apologies 

👍

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Do you not remember the parking/traffic fiasco the one time the Cadets did host a show there? The university continued to schedule other activities on the practice/soccer fields around the stadium making it most difficult for corps to warm-up. Also there's that tremendous hill which front ensembles (and now propsters) must negotiate in and out of the actual performance field. It delayed the show between corps.  Both reasons why YEA did not return there.

Yes.  I've been a parent-volunteer for my kids HS band who've performed at USBands NJ Open Class Championships.  I have moved battery (marimbas, gongs and the like) as well as and props in and out of the stadium.   They'd have to close River Road to accommodate the trucks.   There is ample parking north of the stadium if no other events are occurring; these are all issues that could be mitigated or managed in advance with foresight.   I'd like to think the new YEA folks would be up to the task.

At least having this at Rutgers the audience would assured that they'd get to see the #### show.

Edited by ykw

9 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

The Surf's props are basically just pictures of coral[...]

um... spoiler warning!!!