Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

10 minutes ago, E3D said:

It is a shame for sure that not all states are Texas. :lol:

only if you live in Iggles country

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wonder what the issue was then?  It’s all very strange. 

Hey Terri...hope you are well. The strange thing is that we walked through grass (in bare feet) to get into the stadium and there was no moisture or mud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

I am not a climate change denier, and do agree that the severity of storms has gotten more serious, but to say that heavy rains and thunderstorms in the Northeast  in the summer is a result of climate change is ridiculous. Heat waves have always been broken up by cold fronts that cause thunderstorms and heavy downpours and on occasion hurricane force winds. The frequency and severity of hurricanes hitting the coast, sharks finding homes in waters that were once too cold, loss of dry land due to melting ice caps are proof of climate change, but storms such as yesterday in Chester is typical weather.

Which is why we should not “go there” in these discussions. It always ends badly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

You either believe the science or you dont.

You can keep your sarcasm, I'm not here for that.

Pleas stop. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

You either believe the science or you dont.

You can keep your sarcasm, I'm not here for that.

Actually science doesn’t work that way 

hypothesis can only be disproven 

and there is a ton of societal and political agenda and power plays at work 

I prefer drum corps on turf 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

I don't want to venture to far into this because everyone is entitled to their believes regardless of the Science.

But the idea behind climate change is that the warming of the planet leads to warming of waters and changing of Ocean Currents that lead to unusual weather in different parts of the world.

Whether it be unusual weather patterns, Extreme heat or Cold, Unusually strong Hurricanes.. everything is connected.

I think if you look at the Rain accumulation across certain parts of the US there are irregularities. I am not familiar with the particulars in South East PA but my comment was more of a general comment.

When the Great Lakes levels were near historic lows five or so years ago, we heard it was because of climate change. Today levels are near historic highs, and it’s due to climate change. A winter with below average snow is due to climate change. A winter with above average snow is due to climate change. Look - my problem with this topic is that the political class (collectively among the dumbest groups there are), has taken this and is beating us over the head with it for cynical political gain. So I don’t want to hear it. 

Plus it violates posting guidelines. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Actually science doesn’t work that way 

hypothesis can only be disproven 

and there is a ton of societal and political agenda and power plays at work 

I prefer drum corps on turf 

Nowadays science is up to votes and polling, apparently.   

• Like 1

The weather looks iffy for Friday night with a 60% chance of thunder storms.  Saturday looks more favorible.  Could be interesting on how the seeding will work if one of the shows is a wash.  Could be another Denver in deciding what is fair in seeding quarters. 

Oil company propaganda seems to have taken some of your views on how science works.

Neil deGrasse Tyson — 'The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.'

Back to Drum Corps. 

• Like 1