Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

27 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

When the Great Lakes levels were near historic lows five or so years ago, we heard it was because of climate change. Today levels are near historic highs, and it’s due to climate change. A winter with below average snow is due to climate change. A winter with above average snow is due to climate change. Look - my problem with this topic is that the political class (collectively among the dumbest groups there are), has taken this and is beating us over the head with it for cynical political gain. So I don’t want to hear it. 

Plus it violates posting guidelines. 

Rephrased

"I'm going to blow hard about a topic that shouldn't be discussed because I don't want it to be discussed. I broach these kinds of topics all the time, just like I'm doing now. But then I'm going to end it with something like 'Now, back to the drum corps conversation' so it looks like that's all I want to talk about. But when someone else brings it up again, I'll make another disparaging remark, because that's what I do. And I'll continue to pepper my posts with insults towards any (either individuals or groups) who have opinions different than mine."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Oil company propaganda seems to have taken some of your views on how science works.

Neil deGrasse Tyson — 'The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

Again science doesn’t work that way 

my views were based on my dual major undergraduate and graduate work in Biochemistry and Applied Molecular Biology at Johns Hopkins so I’m pretty sure I get it. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Rephrased

"I'm going to blow hard about a topic that shouldn't be discussed because I don't want it to be discussed. I broach these kinds of topics all the time, just like I'm doing now. But then I'm going to end it with something like 'Now, back to the drum corps conversation' so it looks like that's all I want to talk about. But when someone else brings it up again, I'll make another disparaging remark, because that's what I do. And I'll continue to pepper my posts with insults towards any (either individuals or groups) who have opinions different than mine."

That's actually DCP's new tag line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Algernon said:

Cavaliers props messed up the field. That's all there is to it

This is what happened according to several of my sources...I'm not blaming them...this is just what happened...

Unfortunately, it indeed was the Cavaliers props that dug up the field...specifically the battery ramps on the field off to the left caused the problem.  Cavaliers I'm told were seen by stadium officials attempting to replace the dug up grass divots as they finished their show as they were dragging their corps stuff off the field.

At least Cavies were trying to fix it...but I don't know if this is anything like having to fix a divot on a golf course...you need to fix the divot within a specified period of time or it's ruined til replaced...

That's two unbelievable debachles I've witnessed in Drum Corps shows,  last one was the "Moonlight Classic" at Sacramento State in 2012.  At intermission, there was an extended delay, the the announcer finally came on the PA and kindly asked everyone to leave the stadium, for safety reasons.  They couldn't get the stadium lights turned on, the organizers didn't get the key to the room where the switches were.  So each of SCVC, BDB, Phantom, BD and SVC all had to settle for a standstill in the parking lot by their respective buses. No scoring for anyone at the event.  That was the last of Sac State as the venue for The Classic.  All those ticketholders screwed.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Again science doesn’t work that way 

my views were based on my dual major undergraduate and graduate work in Biochemistry and Applied Molecular Biology at Johns Hopkins so I’m pretty sure I get it. 

Who pays for Scientific Reviews in your field may have a variance in what gets reviewed or published. Your field is riddled with Dark money from Pharma companies who want nothing more than to profit from the research. So I can understand your views on the politicization of what Science it like.

But I would venture to say that not all peer Reviewed science is like that.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/us/politics/climate-report-fact-check.html

4 minutes ago, paulie1340 said:

That's two unbelievable debachles I've witnessed in Drum Corps shows,  last one was the "Moonlight Classic" at Sacramento State in 2012.  At intermission, there was an extended delay, the the announcer finally came on the PA and kindly asked everyone to leave the stadium, for safety reasons.  They couldn't get the stadium lights turned on, the organizers didn't get the key to the room where the switches were.  So each of SCVC, BDB, Phantom, BD and SVC all had to settle for a standstill in the parking lot by their respective buses. No scoring for anyone at the event.  That was the last of Sac State as the venue for The Classic.  All those ticketholders screwed.

go to a major concert thats to be held outside...what do the tickets say? Rain or shine, because often times they can't be rescheduled due to stadium or the acts schedule. Even baseball rainouts don't always get made up. Until someone builds a dome in the region this is going to be what its going to be.