Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

8 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Yes, Post 507 was the sponsor of the 507 Hornets, who merged with the Keystone Regiment, also of Delaware County, to become the Crossmen.  Many other names were considered, including "Delco Devildogs".

"Delco Devildogs"? That's hilarious.

24 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Show Trivia:

This show is in the city I grew up in and is just nine miles from Norwood, PA where an early sponsor of the Crossmen is located.  It's American Legion Post 507, aka The John Wesley Cross Post.  It is from that name that the Crossmen got their name.

The stadium is also just a few miles from where the early Crossmen practiced--the parking lot of Boeing, also called Boeing Beach, for the tans we got there.

I had always thought that it was because the corps was a 'cross' between 507 and Keystone Regiment. But I'm interested to hear this story, which I don't doubt. History night wasn't a thing when I marched.

Welcome home, Crossmen!

54 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I had always thought that it was because the corps was a 'cross' between 507 and Keystone Regiment. But I'm interested to hear this story, which I don't doubt. History night wasn't a thing when I marched.

Welcome home, Crossmen!

Here's the website to the American Legion Post:

http://www.norwoodlegionpost507.com/

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

Fingers crossed.  Starting to clear in Philly after some heavy stuff moved through about 2 hours ago.  I came all of the way from New Orleans for Chester and Allentown!  The weather will hold up!

Hoping for the best! I'm missing tonight due to a professional obligation - but hoping for a nice night for you and all the corps!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

Fingers crossed.  Starting to clear in Philly after some heavy stuff moved through about 2 hours ago.  I came all of the way from New Orleans for Chester and Allentown!  The weather will hold up!

Weather Underground is in your favor, Weather Channel is less so.

• Like 1

This is a super nice and awesome acoustic venue for drum corps. Especially because of the great sound you get due to the overhang. The seats are very comfortable as well.

I wish I was still living in the Northeast as this was my go-to show when The Cadets started to host there.

The Cadets do a really fine job as hosts for this show as well. They usually have a very nice reception  (complimentary cheese and cracker platters and fresh fruit and soda) and also parking for VIP ticket holders.

I absolutely love it!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This is a super nice and awesome acoustic venue for drum corps. Especially because of the great sound you get due to the overhang. The seats are very comfortable as well.

I wish I was still living in the Northeast as this was my go-to show when The Cadets started to host there.

The Cadets do a really fine job as hosts for this show as well. They usually have a very nice reception  (complimentary cheese and cracker platters and fresh fruit and soda) and also parking for VIP ticket holders.

I absolutely love it!

I loved the VIP reception as well

took a group of five friends there two years ago and they were non drum corps folks - they were like “oh now this makes sense” (why “spoiled George” likes it)

unfortunately I’m not there tonight due to a restaurant opening going on

what a venue and what a line up! 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Yeah baby!  Boston is going to deal out a beheading tonight!! 

FTFY.

• Like 1