Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

1 hour ago, jonwoody said:

Why blame YEA... go whine to the stadium people.

It’s an easy target mostly because of GH. That’s why The Cadets need to change their parent name and brand The Cadets name. The Cadets Performance Arts Group or The  Holy Name Performing Arts or something like that. 

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

From what I recall, YEA ran a show there not too long ago, and the parking situation was a nightmare.  But if that issue could be addressed/fixed, it's a great stadium.

2014 for sure, and I think 2013 as well!! I have the Facebook memory to thank for the pictures from the 2014 show! 

Parking is a bit of an issue....I have been there for DCI & football and the stadium sits on a part of campus that doesn't have an abundance of parking areas, grass or paved!! 

• Like 1

What are the number of shows on average that are cancelled annually because of weather conditions?..I know this might be controversial but climate change ( if one is to believe) changing weather patterns in the midwest and northeast might make outdoor venues problematic ..so either require outdoor venues to be on other than grass or roll back the race for prop supremacy..I know the latter is highly unlikely but for those of us who might only be able to afford 1 or 2 shows a year, it"s a bummer to spend time and resources to watch a standstill..peace

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Prtzdle said:

2014 for sure, and I think 2013 as well!! I have the Facebook memory to thank for the pictures from the 2014 show! 

Parking is a bit of an issue....I have been there for DCI & football and the stadium sits on a part of campus that doesn't have an abundance of parking areas, grass or paved!! 

I agree.... the times I've been to RU football games in recent years, I've caught the shuttle bus from the RAC.  No chance to get parking close to the stadium... those areas  are full with season ticket holders and so forth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeachBum said:

The field was fine to march on. It’s those heavy props that were sinking into the field because of the rain shortly before the show started. By the way, Boston was having trouble pushing them onto the field which is what prompted the discussion. 

That makes sense.  Simply say that in the statement then.  These non-specific generalizations they announce online and over the PA system do nothing except create further frustration for the fans.

If DCI is going to continue to allow the use of props and tarps, then they simply need to find another venue.  I've gone to this show three years in a row now, and only in 2016 did the turf planets align to allow all corps to do their full show.  I fully understand that rain-outs can occur in outdoor venues, and that's a risk I'm willing to take with my dollars.  What I'm not prepared to do is to make sure I have a Flo subscription so I can eyeball the size, weight, and movement of all the performing corps' props ahead of time and weigh that against a month-long rain analysis leading up to the Chester show to determine if the field is too moist (yes, I said 'moist'... twice now) for a full performance before spending an additional tank of gas, tolls, and 4 hours round trip drive to the venue.

Which is a shame because the seats are comfy and they have beer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

From what I understand, it was very heavy rain and the ground was saturated. 

I was at the show and in the area all afternoon yesterday. I did not see any rain and the stadium area was dry prior to show time. The entire situation seems odd, for several reasons.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Poppycock said:

No show should be on a natural grass field. 

No Doubt.