Chester, PA - Wednesday, July 31, 2019

28 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

What are the number of shows on average that are cancelled annually because of weather conditions?..I know this might be controversial but climate change ( if one is to believe) changing weather patterns in the midwest and northeast might make outdoor venues problematic ..so either require outdoor venues to be on other than grass or roll back the race for prop supremacy..I know the latter is highly unlikely but for those of us who might only be able to afford 1 or 2 shows a year, it"s a bummer to spend time and resources to watch a standstill..peace

My wife and I left when they announced the stand still performance.

• Like 2

If there had been a lot of rain it's odd that the grass field just outside the stadium was not muddy, nor were there many puddles in the street.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those suggesting that there should be no more shows on natural grass fields, what about all the shows in California that are on natural grass? Or the numerous Open Class and early-season World Class shows that occur on natural grass because of the show sponsor?

I’m not necessarily saying these shows should not be on natural grass, but there are reasons why they are there in the first place.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

7 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I agree.... the times I've been to RU football games in recent years, I've caught the shuttle bus from the RAC.  No chance to get parking close to the stadium... those areas  are full with season ticket holders and so forth.

Wait. Did you just admit that you go to Rutgers football games?

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Off-topic: where is the field in the northeast that has a cool bridge as a backdrop behind the away stands? The show normally happens around this time of year.

I ummm ...

Chester:doh:

And why weren't the scores posted of the corps that did get to perform field shows? There have been many occasions in the past where later portions of shows get rained out or changed to standstill performances, but the scores of the corps that had already performed had scores posted, i.e., the Annapolis show the night before.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fahox said:

I overheard a yea staffer, evidenced by his shirt and name tag, telling some folks,  that Boston refused to move their props because they said they couldn't get a good enough grip to move their props around the field.... 

Boston probably paid someone off. :spitting:(sarcasm alert)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Wait. Did you just admit that you go to Rutgers football games?

It's a tough job, I know. :tongue:

Grew up 15-20 minutes from the main Rutgers campuses... started college there... RU fan for life as a result.

Doomed to years of misery.  LOL.

9 hours ago, fahox said:

I overheard a yea staffer, evidenced by his shirt and name tag, telling some folks,  that Boston refused to move their props because they said they couldn't get a good enough grip to move their props around the field.... 

STATEMENT ABOUT THE TOC

Due to unforeseen circumstances "Boston refused to move their props because they said they couldn't get a good enough grip to move their props around the field...." at this evening's DCI Tour of Champions event at Talen Energy Stadium in Chester, Pa. EVENT CANCELLED 

We understand that this was a disappointment to the many fans especially the Cavilers fans who seemed to be especially bummed that their "in the club house score" of 92.7 sadly is not a officially valid score. 

Additionally we are awaiting the email from DCI that will give us the stats on turf vs natural grass venue's. Once received we will distribute to all the DCP forum members for their enjoyment. 

We really really appreciate the forum member who "overheard a yea staffer, evidenced by his shirt and name tag, telling some folks" this valuable inside information. 

Due to climate change that is causing earth to have thunderstorms in the summer we will reserve the right to possibly cancel other venue's.  Side note we are awaiting an email from DCI to give DCP members the data on shows that are rained out due to climate change rain. 

Edited by E3D
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

What are the number of shows on average that are cancelled annually because of weather conditions?..I know this might be controversial but climate change ( if one is to believe) changing weather patterns in the midwest and northeast might make outdoor venues problematic ..so either require outdoor venues to be on other than grass or roll back the race for prop supremacy..I know the latter is highly unlikely but for those of us who might only be able to afford 1 or 2 shows a year, it"s a bummer to spend time and resources to watch a standstill..peace

When I marched it never rained out. :help:

• Like 1