Madison Scout Hype Zone

I have been so proud of the improvement towards the end of this season. Bring it a few more times, Scouts!

5 hours ago, Mad Mello said:

I have been so proud of the improvement towards the end of this season. Bring it a few more times, Scouts!

Improvement? They haven't caught and passed one single drum corps.

That drill at the end of their show is so nice.

15 hours ago, Mad Mello said:

It appears that their improvement was no less or greater than anyone else. Did you expect them to stop rehearsing? 

On 8/8/2019 at 10:33 PM, FlamMan said:

On 8/8/2019 at 10:33 PM, FlamMan said:

Hmmmm...63 points in June.  82 points in August.  

17th or 18th was the finish that was probably expected. Does anyone here think they should be higher than that? If BDB and Scvc had come to Indy who knows what could have happened. It was nice to see that small battle with Troops in placement. Good luck to them in the future. We’ll see what a new coed MS will look like. 

• Like 1

I had been hearing mixed reviews on this show but got to experience it live yesterday and it was phenomenal. (This is the HYPE train thread not the boo hoo Madison thread right)?

My favorite thing about early semis is usually the huge following the Troopers get and their flag waving in the stands. Not yesterday. A group of 4-5 people wearing Madison Scouts gear came and sat around me to watch the show. One being the DMs mom. 

A very clean group of young men enter the field professionally, actually marching, in a straight line, with military precision. The crowd erupts and they ride on energy from there. They hit forms like the M and the Fleur de lis perfectly. (They did not do this with their top 10 show in 2012).  They did a company front, they did a little high step marching.

They did a show without props. None. No narration. No fancy gadgets. The hornline had power. Isn't this the old school show that the traditionalists WANT to see?

Maybe it's because I was surrounded by family members of the 19 scouts, maybe it's because it marks the last performance of the end of an era...but I don't care what any posters on here think. The Madison Scouts 2019 show was electric, emotional, and very special.

It got the best crowd reaction of a non-finalist corps, and maybe anyone outside the top six. That's saying a lot.

Good luck to the 2020 scouts!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

A very clean group of young men enter the field professionally,

Please don't use gendered language like you did. Apparently, there are members who do not identify as "men" and you are insulting them by using gendered language. This is a good way to approach the words we speak.

Edited by Gantang