Lawrence, MA - Thursday, August 1, 2019

13 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

BAC beat Crown in GE, Guard and Overall Visual. Crown swept all music subcaptions.  

They last met at Night Beat.  Boston has gained since then.  Keep it up Boston.

Their percussion score showed some gain also.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

From the low-quality cell phone video I saw, it looks like Mandarins DID put in a new ending for the intruder's demise. It involves a bit more theatrics that, I believe, incorporates the same rigging they were going to use for their other planned ending that they've since abandoned.

Thanks for the nice recap Tim.

Absolutely  incredible run by BAC for the home crowd. Tonight was a GIANT win for this organization. This is the BEST Boston ever and regardless of the placement people left the stadium in awe of that performance! 

Edited by pbeau
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

The night ended by everyone that was on the track gathering together to sing Giant.

I took a video of that but can’t upload here.  

7 hours ago, CrownedSantaPhantom said:

CYO... Well before my time. Can someone direct me to an online (or offline) resource all about CYO and VFW competitions and historical winners and tradition/corps?

As far as a general history of Drum Corps before & through the early DCI years, Jodeen Popps book from 1979 titled "Competitive Drum Corps: There and Then ... to Here and Now' is a good place to start if you can find a copy.

Also this video from 1973 is pretty good

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Probably because the 4th quad was in

Lol just no. A missing quad or snare will never affect a percussion score unless the line is used to listening to said individual for timing purposes or something like that which ends up causing problems. A missing bass might cause a lower score if the basses aren’t on it and clarity is lost and gaps are inconsistent. But generally speaking, gaps in the line don’t really affect the percussion scores but could affect the visual or GE stuff depending on how the gap is handled. Bringing back a 4th quad has a more likely chance of actually hurting the score just because there is one more person being added to a part so that increases the chances one can screw up.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Lol just no. A missing quad or snare will never affect a percussion score unless the line is used to listening to said individual for timing purposes or something like that which ends up causing problems. A missing bass might cause a lower score if the basses aren’t on it and clarity is lost and gaps are inconsistent. But generally speaking, gaps in the line don’t really affect the percussion scores but could affect the visual or GE stuff depending on how the gap is handled. Bringing back a 4th quad has a more likely chance of actually hurting the score just because there is one more person being added to a part so that increases the chances one can screw up.

You are correct.  LabMaster was just joking...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3