9:00 PM    Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL
9:17 PM    Encore
9:37 PM    Scores Announced

Rome Free Academy Stadium
500 Turin Street
Rome, NY 13440

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Wife says she LOVES the Rome NY show. She's been there several times while volunteering and they are always very nice. 

Go Music City!

Go Pacific Crest!

Go Spirit of Atlanta!

• Like 6

Very curious to see how close PC can inch towards Spirit!!!!

Between last night's "score" (would have been 73.9), and the night before of 74ish, Surf is consistently edging closer to 75. I would be very happy to see them hit that number tonight or at Allentown.

Music City has been off for a few days....I'm sure they're chomping at the bit to get back on the field, and I'm excited to see what their numbers are like after a week of mostly rehearsals since Atlanta!

And, finally...I really, really, REALLY want to see Troop start popping the numbers I think they deserve! I'd be thrilled to see them hit a 78 tonight.

Best of luck tonight everyone!!

• Like 1

If one is talking "Italian restaurants" as they are on some other threads here today, there a few outstanding Mom and Pop places down a few blocks from the stadium where the locals go for pre-show dinner, leave the car in the lot, and walk off the pasta back to the show site. Ask the locals as in "what's your favorite local Italian and how far is it from here?" Great stuff.

I remember when this field was actually rung by tall pine trees but neither Cadets, Star, or Cavies appeared here the seasons they played Pines of Rome.

Remembering Kelly Wolner who grew up here until Grif AFB was closed.

The relationship with the Rome show and Regiment goes back decades. The folks there are the best on the planet and they love drum corps. Good luck to all corps tonight. Give the fans a little love and it will be returned a thousand fold! Rome Rocks!

Keep pushing Regiment!

SUTA

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

Just now posted on DCI's FB page:  

Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps regrets to announce that they will not take part in tonight's scheduled performance at the Drums Across the Mohawk DCI Tour event in Rome, New York. The corps has several members recovering from a viral infection.

The Troopers’ absence will push the first two corps’ performance times back 17 minutes, with Music City stepping off at 7:27 p.m. ET and Jersey Surf at 7:44 p.m. ET.

On the road to recovery, the corps will be traveling toward Allentown, Pennsylvania for the DCI Eastern Classic, Friday, August 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Just now posted on DCI's FB page:  

Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps regrets to announce that they will not take part in tonight's scheduled performance at the Drums Across the Mohawk DCI Tour event in Rome, New York. The corps has several members recovering from a viral infection.

The Troopers’ absence will push the first two corps’ performance times back 17 minutes, with Music City stepping off at 7:27 p.m. ET and Jersey Surf at 7:44 p.m. ET.

On the road to recovery, the corps will be traveling toward Allentown, Pennsylvania for the DCI Eastern Classic, Friday, August 2.

Ugh!  The Creeping Corps Crud again.

Get Well Troop!!!!

• Like 2