Allentown, Field of Dreams

2 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Hi, Fran !

ASD stadium became JBC Stadium in 1982.  By the way,  Joe Namath made his first professional football appearance here in an exhibition game.  

‘Roll Tide !

Broadway Joe!!!!  The MAN for us Jets fans back in the AFL days!!!

So... I ended my drum corps marching career at JBC in 1982, instead of ASD.  LOL.

No matter what the name, it was nice to go out with a win at an iconic venue. And then to open a microphone there the next year!!!

• Like 1

Just read the wiki on J Birney Crum stadium and some interesting tidbits. Too bad can’t link too good from cell phone

Wonderful rewrite of a great scene. Thank you

Best memory?  Finals tickets upstairs  / blast zone for Prelims. Next year, reverse.

Either way.....sunburn!!

Such a beautifully written piece.  There is just something about performing at that stadium in front of that crowd that has stayed with me for more than 30 years.  

For sentimental reasons I would hate to see DCI East in anyplace but Allentown, but there is a justifiable reason to remain in Allentown: profit margin. 

My guess is that it is much less expensive to rent J. Birney Crum\ASD than the domed stadiums. The numbers of attendees may be smaller, but it could be more of a money maker. 

Now if I’m wrong, consider the source. I’m not exactly a financial genius.

It's been awhile since I've been there, but the seat numbers were made in a time when the American bottom was less "robust". Still the case?

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

They play there too?

As far as I know! They definitely don't have their own field...