Cadets Alumni Corps?

Seriously?  Wow!  In the future, do not make announcements like they dd unless it is going to happen.  I have made a special trip to Chester and Allentown just to see the previously announced Cadets Alumni Corps!   I will be at Finals next week, so now I feel like this whole trip is a collosal waste of time and money.  And I still have the latest request to renew my Maroon and Gold Club donation!  Hmmmmmm . . . 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

Seriously?  Wow!  In the future, do not make announcements like they dd unless it is going to happen.  I have made a special trip to Chester and Allentown just to see the previously announced Cadets Alumni Corps!   I will be at Finals next week, so now I feel like this whole trip is a collosal waste of time and money.  And I still have the latest request to renew my Maroon and Gold Club donation!  Hmmmmmm . . . 

Do you all traditionally try to get together? Meaning not just the folks marching in the alumni corps but other alumni come around to enjoy and relive the back in the day moments? I can see where that would be a serious bummmer. Now more than ever right. 

I have never marched with Cadets.  To paraphrase Boston, I threw away my shot!  But, I always vowed to be a part of the corps in some way.  For me it has been financial and just general fandom.  This has really made me think if I respond with my usual support. Just really disappointing.  

Just now, Tony L. said:

I have never marched with Cadets.  To paraphrase Boston, I threw away my shot!  But, I always vowed to be a part of the corps in some way.  For me it has been financial and just general fandom.  This has really made me think if I respond with my usual support. Just really disappointing.  

You are a great person! To support is such a huge deal. 

I can understand your disappointment. I am sure the corps appreciates your support and maybe someone that actually knows the details can reply to your original post. 

Safe travels and I hope you enjoy the upcoming competitions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, E3D said:

You are a great person! To support is such a huge deal.  I can understand your disappointment. I am sure the corps appreciates your support and maybe someone that actually knows the details can reply to your original post.  Safe travels and I hope you enjoy the upcoming competitions. 

Thank you Padre.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, E3D said:

You are a great person! To support is such a huge deal. 

I can understand your disappointment. I am sure the corps appreciates your support and maybe someone that actually knows the details can reply to your original post. 

Safe travels and I hope you enjoy the upcoming competitions. 

I answered his question. I know the details, however I don't feel have the right to speak about the details. That will have to come from someone within the organization.

• Like 1

Any information would be appreciated.  My one thing is DO NOT anoounce a performance in Allentown when there is nothing in place to do such a thing!  I literally booked my trip almost as soon as it was announced.  Just poor form!  

It’s really, REALLY hard to pull these things together. It took two years or more to get the Royal-Airs reunion corps together and they were recruiting all alumni. Not just Royal-Airs.  And that was 2002.  I can only imagine that it's become more difficult to put these alumni groups together. 

Just my $.02 as a complete outsider.