Cadets Alumni Corps?

yeah that would have been cool to see or know. I had forgotten all about it

Scene:  first informational meeting for the interested alumni

Cadets"If you love ballet, we have ballet.  If you love modern dance, we have that.  A little fresh, pop, hip-hop, we have that.  We have everything that anybody could possibly like."

sound of exit door slamming, then ... crickets

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FTNK said:

They should have made it clear it was canceled at least

agreed

I personally thought the "85th" anniversary thing was sketchy at best

Celebrate 75th and then 100th...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dans said:

Just the alumni bass drum line.

I LOL'd when I read this. 

Why am I getting the impression that  this organization is more disorganized than I thought? Did anyone stop to think about the announcement that was made months ago??

What's next? Oops we forgot to tell everyone that back flipping Jesus is making an appearance at finals along with Little Jeffery ???lmao.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

When GH was director, he wanted to field an alumni corps that was similar to what SCV did a few years ago. Times change and instead it became something much less. If it would have been similar to what SCV had done, I think people would have been doing whatever possible to make it happen. Instead, I think many weren't going to commit to traveling a few times for a stand still performance of a few tunes in their corps jackets.

I am disappointed that it could not have been used to show corps strength. These things don't just require lots of time, but lots of money, and money that The Cadets just couldn't afford right now. I do feel the admin was a bit disorganized and didn't do enough sooner. They are still having a rough time getting stuff together, but I do think they will get things fixed sooner rather than later.

I'll say this: WHEN The Cadets reach their 100th year anniversary, they had better pull out all the stops and make it incredible.

Edited by East9900
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, East9900 said:

When GH was director, he wanted to field an alumni corps that was similar to what SCV did a few years ago. If Cadets had tried to do that, I would have done anything possible to do that. Times change and instead it became something much less. If it would have been similar to what SCV had done, I think people would have been doing whatever possible to make it happen. Instead, I think many weren't going to commit to traveling a few times for a stand still performance of a few tunes in their corps jackets.

I am not bashing the admin in any way. I'm just personally disappointed that it could have been a big moment to show corps strength. These things don't just require lots of time, but lots of money, and money that The Cadets just couldn't afford right now.

I'll say this: WHEN The Cadets reach their 100th year anniversary, they had better pull out all the stops and make it incredible.

I could be dead by then lol.

• Like 3