Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

2 minutes ago, fanman said:

Whoever this dude on Flo is just described drum corps as a cross between marching band, figure skating, and broadway.....Um Figure Skating????

MMs gliding around to prerecorded tracks sounds about right these days.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

FLO said if there is no lightening. They have to 30 minutes more with no lightening so could be one hour

So, they are waiting for a lightening of the lightning?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MadScout80 said:

what do they all do with their cell phones during shows these days?

They used to hide them in their shakos, but now I have no idea.  (J/K -- I really don't know.)

• Haha 1

If any of you need something to do during this lightning delay, please read the replies to this tweet. You'll be glad you did.

• Haha 1

Well, I wasn't planning on posting tonight, but as there is a weather delay, might as well shoot the breeze with you fine folk.

I reached the stadium at 4 PM.  Parked on Chew Street 3 cars behind DCI fan Matt.  Matt was pouring bottled water over his hair to clean himself up for the evening!

Next, held court with Mike Boo by the corps entry gate. Surprisingly,  this is Mike's first show of the season! It was great hearing Mike's stories of Don Warren and Jim Jones. Though Mike had eaten a veggie wrap and grapes today, he longed for a shaved ice or snow cone at the stadium.

The National Anthem was performed at 6:30 by a solo trumpet who added several embellishments to the tune.

Section Q row 19 does NOT have seat numbers. This has been an annual problem. The row 19 fans are politely bickering with each other.

I'm one row down, in the spatially numbered row 18, sitting next to cousins Kit and Ron, who have been attending Allentown for YEARS.

Like me, all the weather delays are worth it to hear that glorious outdoor brass sound.

Kit is wearing his homemade earcups to absorb the maximum sound.

There is still lightning at 9PM in the distance but not above us.  The sprinkles have been minimal.

It's dark in the rental car, so any spillage from a pork and mustard on a biscuit sandwich is fine.

I sorta wish I would have showered today.

Edited by DeanInChicago
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4